DVD: 5.1/AC3 sound through SPDIF (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Thanks DMAN..

I finally got sound from everything which was a great victory. Now I am unhappy because I am not getting DTS sound. I read throught those threads and it gave me a lot of ideas. I installed WinDVD after I installed MP so I may have to go back and add some registry settings.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Most DVD's have DD as the first audio stream.
    When playing DVD's where you want DTS (not the first stream) either configure this in the DVD menu or bring up the OSD and select the appropriate DVD stream.

I want someone to add a remote control button to easily switch streams like a commercial DVD player but this is not a high priority.

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

Now my Soundsystem is working, only with coaxial cable.

I use ffdshow, cdxa and the AC3 decoder v1.01a.

1. Now I need this one mpgaudio.ax really for playpack Divx/Xvid videos with AC3, or works with my installed Codecs?
    I dont wanna install more codecs then I needed, MP works most fine ;)

2. TV has now problems with sound, it brakes the sound again and again for moments. I think its a problem with the receipt-strengthens from the tuner. With analog sounds, will be work also, when the signal goes a little bit down. Digital is 0 or 1, sucks sometimes...
    Recorded TV files are ok, its only at watching TV.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Crash.

1. MPGAUDIO.AX is only needed if you want to use the generic DVD codecs to play back the AC3 stream in an AVI file. You have FFDShow installed and therefore this will handle it for you.

2. Post a detailed question in the General Support forum

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom