DVD Closed Captions won't display (1 Viewer)

Myles

June 21, 2013
Austin, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi forum--

Right after installing MP, the CC from my CSI: New York DVD's would display, but I was only getting 2 channel audio. So I poked around at this and that until I got DD5.1 working, but then captions would no longer display. I have MP-Config/DVD Discs-Images/Show Closed Captions (CC), checked.

So I'd like to report this as a bug, but also request a work-around. There must be something I tripped over while trying to get the sound working right.

Thanks!
--Myles

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Myles :)

I'm not able to spot anything obviously wrong in your log files, though I suspect codec selection will turn out to be important.
    More than anything else I just wanted to take the time to thank you for filing a great support request. We really appreciate it when people supply all full information.

See you around,
    mm
    :)

Myles

June 21, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do field support for Synopsys. So I know first hand that a thorough problem report makes every difference in the world (y).

I'm looking forward to getting this fixed and ditching PowerDVD! BTW, I'm super impressed with MP, esp BluRay support. Who needs SlyPlayer anymore :p! I lost part of my hearing during chemotherapy. This CC thing is the last bit I need to make the switch (lots of TV series don't have subtitles; CC only). I would also like to be able to customize the display font/background of the captions, but maybe that's already possible. First, I need them to show up.

Thanks for a quick reply!
    --Myles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom