TV Card Driver: hcw2_5a_24111pp2
    Video Card Model: Radeon Xpress 200 on board
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.4
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: Realtek on board
    Audio Card Driver: Realtek AC97 (ALC880) 5.10.0.5116
    Synopsis:

I don't know whether this is a bug or if I am the only one having this issue.

Since about a month I cannot play a DVD by pressing the DVD button in the video section - nothing happens. However, the normal "do you want to play the DVD" appears after pressing the "eject dics" command and re-inserting it. Pressing Yes plays the DVD correctly.

The log files do not show any specific entries.

Any suggestions?

G.

IronChef

July 16, 2006
    I've been trying to resolve this very problem for the last few hours. I can confirm it's not just you!

I've only just started using MediaPortal and I'm very impressed. This is the only issue I haven't been able to resolve for myself. I'm currently using the standard MPA and MPV codecs for DVD playback. I was so impressed when it automatically retrieved cover art and info for my DVDs but I can't launch anything by selecting the pretty picutes; it just shows a black window.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    IronChef

As a work-around, I have managed playing DVDs by adding the PlayDVD plugin to the menu in the Home screen (configuration.exe > Plugins > Right-click on the Home plugin > Choose "Configuration" > Menu Structure tab).

Hope this helps

G.

PS: Further investigations showed that the issue seems to be machine-related: On one of my computers the problem does not exist (here, I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD 104 installed), on the other, it does (Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 105).

IronChef

July 16, 2006
    GoldenEye said:
    IronChef
    Further investigations showed that the issue seems to be machine-related

I've tried a Sony DRU-710A and a DW-Q120A without success. Both have been modded to be RPC1 though. I also installed AnyDVD to make sure there was no DRM weirdness going on.

I have Samsung and LG drives here so I might see if one of them cooperates a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom