DVD Copy Protection over Component (1 Viewer)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Very nearly have my setup running perfectly... But!

I can't play DVDs on my TV because of the analouge connection (Component out from 6600GT). Is there any way around this, without having to rip the DVD first, removing Macrovision and whatever other junk they put on there to make life difficult?

WMP with the Nvidia Pure Video decoder, and PowerDVD 6 don't think it's a good idea to let me play DVDs. How do you get around it?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Is it really a problem to talk about software that may or may not be illegal in whatever country? I mean, even to just mention the name is not okay? That seems a little heavy-handed.

Considering the whole topic is about "getting around" certain protection mechanisms, it seems censoring the name of a certain software is a little strange.

Perhaps it is better to be safe than sorry, though.

Whiskers

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Unplug your monitor, and boot up with just the svideo/composite cord plugged in.

I've yet to come across an nvidia card that had tv out that wouldnt directly output to svideo/composite if their was no monitor plugged in.

Alternatively, you could leave the monitor plugged in, and enable the nvidia tv out, via nvidia settings tab under display. Set to tv out with single display (not clone or dual display) and your monitor will go into standby and your tv should display yoru desktop, then start up MediaPortal

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Haha, I didn't even notice that. I am not sure exactly where the above-mentioned software is actually illegal (the site just says "some parts of europe") but perhaps it would work for you?

rocky500

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    I had the same problem.
    If i ran the Nvidia Software "nStantMedia" it tells me I cant run DVD's higher than 480i resolution.
    I installed a program called *** which now alows me to run in higher resolution staight from the DVD via component.
    If my post post breaks any rules please fell free to delete it.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Umm, that is the exact software that was edited out above, so it may be best if you take the name out of your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom