DVD import with IMDB detection (1 Viewer)

vote4tux

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
In my file system all DVDs are stored structured. Every movie is in its own directory. The parent folder name is the name of the movie in localized language (taken from imdb.com). Collections and Box Sets are grouped in an parent folder. Example:

Folder 1: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und die Heiligtümer des Todes (2011)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Folder 1: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und die Heiligtümer des Todes (2011)\IMDB.TXT

Folder 2: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens (2002)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Folder 2: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens (2002)\IMDB.TXT

Folder 3: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und der Gefamgeme von Askaban (2004)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
Folder 3: \Harry Potter\Harry Potter und der Gefamgeme von Askaban (2004)\IMDB.TXT

In the DVD folder I created a TXT-File which contains the seven-digit IMDB Movie ID. The MediaPortal build-in Plugin for movies reads the IMDB from the "IMDB.TXT" file and successful auto-detects the movie in the IMDB database (Internet lookup). The My Films (AMC Updater) does not recognize the "IMDB.TXT" file and therefore keeps asking according to the matching movie while importing the movies. Somes movies are wrong auto detected und therefore I get wrong entries in the database.

How can I ensure, that the AMC Updater recognize my "IMDB.TXT" files und takes the content of this files - the IMDB ID - for Internet lookups? I don't want to edit more than 500 DVD folders. Thank you.

vote4tux

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I read in an other thread that other users have named their DVD folders with the name of the movie and the seven-digit IMDB-ID (ttnnnnnnn). I have tested that. With the "Folder + Internet lookup" the IMDB-ID is correctly detected from the folder name and the movie recorded in the database with it's unique name. Unfortunately, I have to rename all folders :(
What struck me is that movies are not included in collections if the file format is different, for example one film is a DVD folder and another film is a mkv-file and they are both part of one collection. Is this "by design"?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    How can I ensure, that the AMC Updater recognize my "IMDB.TXT" files und takes the content of this files - the IMDB ID - for Internet lookups? I don't want to edit more than 500 DVD folders. Thank you.
    Unfirtunately you can't, becaue AMCupdater currently doesn't read such a file to extract the IMDB id from it. It will be used if it is part of the mediaopath - as you posted later. You can add an issue to add support for such files on the MyFilms tracker, if you want - I could add it in one of the next versions.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    What struck me is that movies are not included in collections if the file format is different, for example one film is a DVD folder and another film is a mkv-file and they are both part of one collection. Is this "by design"?
    You mean the detection of the parent folder name as collection name with DVD-folders? If yes, I could imagine that is because DVD folders have an additional level, but I would have to check the code. If it is that what you mean, I'd say this is a bug - if that can be confirmed, let's add it to the tracker and fix it :)

vote4tux

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [QUOTE<name>.="Guzzi, post: 1133166, member: 55213"]
    You mean the detection of the parent folder name as collection name with DVD-folders? If yes, I could imagine that is because DVD folders have an additional level, but I would have to check the code. If it is that what you mean, I'd say this is a bug - if that can be confirmed, let's add it to the tracker and fix it :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Guzzi,
    thanks for your reply. What I mean with the collection is the following.

Folder 1: \James Bond (Collection)\James Bond 007 jagt Dr. No\VIDEO_TS\<name>.IFO
    Folder 2: \James Bond (Collection)\James Bond 007 Moonraker\VIDEO_TS\<name>.IFO
    Folder 3: \James Bond (Collection)\James Bond 007 Stirb an einem anderen Tag\ttnnnnnnn.mkv

The AMC Updater begins to import with mkv-Files, folder #3 is first imported
    AMC Updater detects the collection name "James Bond"
    Only movie #3 is added to the collection (I checked that with the GUI and view "Box Sets")
    movies #1 and #2 are not added to the collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom