[no Bug] DVD Navigator ghosted on Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I've been trying to get a whole load of ripped DVDS (in folders) playing in 1.3B but they will not. Going in to the config menu, I've found that the DVD navigator option is ghosted out and this is why they won't play. DVD navigator IS installed as it works fine in WMC and XBMC. 1.2.3 on my other windows 7 HTPC runs these fine. Was the ability to use DVD navigator removed from 1.3B?

thanks,

Chris

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The reason is because there is nothing to select, no other which can be used is found. So must be another reason for why they don't play.

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right so the option to use it has not been removed from 1.3b. thanks, must be something else as they're fine in WMC and XBMC on this machine... will have to investigate!

Thread can be closed or something now :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    How is your folder organized, is it my_movie.iso files or whole dvd ripped to disk file after file as in VIDEO_TS?

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They're ripped using MyMovies so <Film Name>/<Video_TS>/<Movie.nfo>. All the data is in the nfo which the internal grabber is reading apart from runtime (posted this in the titan skin thread). This filepath works fine in 1.2.3 on the htpc in the lounge, and plays fine. On this machine XBMC and WMC will play them fine too but I can't get MP1.3b to play them. As I said, it reads the nfo file but will not play the files... I've just reinstalled 1.3b after full uninstall to see if that is an issue.[DOUBLEPOST=1355617371][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so I've just installed 1.2.3 on this pc and removed 1.3b. DVD navigator is now selectable under the codecs section. When running MP 1.2.3 is now also will play the folder structure correctly.[DOUBLEPOST=1355617679][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so upgrading from a working 1.2.3 with DVD navigator operating fine to 1.3b disables MS DVD Navigator for me. What logs should I provide to show that this is the case?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    mediaportal.log & error.log should show whats wrong

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok so it seems that if I select the view 'Shares' then they play fine. If I select view by any of the other types it won't play the files. Could it be that it is trying to read the nfo file for the location but can't pick it up? Using the nfo internal grabber does it require a filepath to be stored for myvideos to pick up the location even though you have specified a directory?

Edit: Movie.zip is in fact a sample nfo file from Mymovies as this is what MP is importing.

Attachments

• movie.zip
      2 KB
    Last edited:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you added .nfo to file extension for video (it should not be there), tried to setup something like you have with files here, a bit late(night in Norway) but not able to reproduce yet. I can see from the error.log that it tries to start the .nfo & thats the wrong file, it should be .ifo.
    What view do you use in Movies(must be something I miss in my setup)?

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested some more & it doesn't import videos with .nfo files in the VIDEO_TS folder, only the "Movie Name" folder, why it is so I dunno, need to speak with a developer which knows how it should work & how other products place that nfo file, but now night here so thats tomorrows task...

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Roy, appreciate the commitment :)

Yes, nfo is not added to extension list but internal nfo scraper is enabled. MP1.3b will (after a bit of prodding) scan the folder, read the nfo files and then add them to the database so I get all the data which I have got from mymovies. However, selecting play will try and play movie.nfo rather than I guess the Video_TS.ifo. I assume that myvideos SHOULD be looking for the ifo and not nfo?

Again attached logs, bak contains most of what was happening and the new log was created for only a few minutes.[DOUBLEPOST=1355622426][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi,
    Tested some more & it doesn't import videos with .nfo files in the VIDEO_TS folder, only the "Movie Name" folder, why it is so I dunno, need to speak with a developer which knows how it should work & how other products place that nfo file, but now night here so thats tomorrows task...

Regards
    Roy
    No problem, with mymovies I don't need to use moving pictures any more and as myvideo does all the displays modes I need I'm happy to test any fixes. My HTPC is still running 1.2.3 so I won't have any current issues as I'm not upgrading to 1.3 until full release!

Attachments

• MediaPortal.bak
      146.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom