[no Bug] DVD Navigator ghosted on Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right don't worry it is all fixed. It appears to be the method of storing the .nfo file. MyMovies has several options for storage. The way I had it setup was for XBMC, but the popcorn hour option actually works better as this stores the nfo file outside of Video_TS. This means that it all works as it should!

I'll see if I can convince the makers of MyMovies to incorporate or amend the popcorn hour meta information setting to say MediaPortal too.

Chris[DOUBLEPOST=1355633948][/DOUBLEPOST]For reference, the correct meta-data setting in MyMovies Collection Management is 'Store Meta-data for Popcorn Hour YAMJ add-on (NFO Files)'. This stores the NFO file at the top folder level.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, Great that it's solved, now we know one ot two more thing with .nfo files :D

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yup :) Also, Binnerup, the developer of My Movies looks like he will implement a specific MP NFO use based on the NFO wiki information. I passed this on to him yesterday.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes you're right, nfo file for DVD/BD should be under master folder. This is intentional to prevent "trashing" real DVD/BD ripped folders (VIDEO_TS/BDMV) with files which do not belong there on export or saving nfo file and images from MP.

Last edited:

digitalmac

June 4, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    The reason is because there is nothing to select, no other which can be used is found. So must be another reason for why they don't play.

Regards
    Roy

I'm trying to change the DVD Navigator Option to something other than the default DVD Navigator (a Microsoft Product), because it would seem from these other threads (e.g. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...layback-problems-but-only-from-wd-3tb.100272/) that the problem I'm having with my 3TB USB drives is related to this.

I've got PowerDVD10 installed on the machine but still I see only the disabled option within the MP Configuration Screen for DVD Discs/Images Codecs.

Does this suggest that dispite it being installed, MP can not see it as an option for some reason?

Best,

Chris

digitalmac

June 4, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,
    The reason is because there is nothing to select, no other which can be used is found. So must be another reason for why they don't play.

Regards
    Roy

I'm trying to change the DVD Navigator Option to something other than the default DVD Navigator (a Microsoft Product), because it would seem from these other threads (e.g. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...layback-problems-but-only-from-wd-3tb.100272/) that the problem I'm having with my 3TB USB drives is related to this.

I've got PowerDVD10 installed on the machine but still I see only the disabled option within the MP Configuration Screen for DVD Discs/Images Codecs.

Does this suggest that dispite it being installed, MP can not see it as an option for some reason?

Best,

Chris

After further trial & error, I found that if I removed WMP from within the Control Panel (including Windows Media Centre etc), the MP then found the Cyberlink Codecs and DVD Navigator options. I then had to put WMP back in because MP doesn't like running without it.

From there I was able to select the Cyberlink option as the DVD Navigator and it seems to be reading from my 3TB USB drives now as well.

6hours of poking around and there you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom