DVD playback with external subtitles ? (1 Viewer)

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
July 23, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Quad Core
HDD: Samsung 250gb
Memory: 2ghz
Motherboard: GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: Ati 3450
Video Card Driver: 8.421.0.0
Sound Card: onboard Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Origen ae X10
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Origen ae
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

Is it possible to playback a dvd-disc with external subtitles with the internal player ?

It works when I choose a different player in the mediaportal settings ( Media Player Classic )
Then I choose the ".srt" from the "File" menu and "load subtitle"

I want to know if the same can be done with the internal player,
maybe you have to put the subtitles in a specific directory or so.

Has anybody tried to playback a dvd-disc with external subtitles with the internal player
and can tell me what settings need to be changed ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Soxbrother

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well mediaportal does support loading subtitles from one directory. (you could for example use subcentral for getting subtitles into a directory)

But i don't know how you should match the movie. Normally you have movie.avi and movie.srt and dvd movies just have video_ts.ifo.
Anyways you could try this if you have moving pictures installed and movie imported. Go into moving pictures and find the movie, enter hidden menu and download subtitles with subcentral. Just use a random provider and download it. Now try to play the movie. Does it load the subtitle? If yes, then find the downloaded srt file and see how it's named.

I'm not sure if it works, but you could try. Perhaps SilentException can answer this better.

(Anyways you should really update mediaportal if you're using 1.0.0.0 RC2......)

Soxbrother

Portal Pro
July 23, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Well mediaportal does support loading subtitles from one directory. (you could for example use subcentral for getting subtitles into a directory)

But i don't know how you should match the movie. Normally you have movie.avi and movie.srt and dvd movies just have video_ts.ifo.
Anyways you could try this if you have moving pictures installed and movie imported. Go into moving pictures and find the movie, enter hidden menu and download subtitles with subcentral. Just use a random provider and download it. Now try to play the movie. Does it load the subtitle? If yes, then find the downloaded srt file and see how it's named.

I'm not sure if it works, but you could try. Perhaps SilentException can answer this better.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out.

(Anyways you should really update mediaportal if you're using 1.0.0.0 RC2......)

I'm not sure if this is the version I have now,
I'll see when I start MP this evening. :D

My version is 1.1.0.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom