Dvd Problems no image? (1 Viewer)

zewe

Portal Member
March 13, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hey i have a tricky problem

when playing DVDs in MP i only get blak screen buti have sound, everyting else works, have installed the codecs fron the codec guide on the tips and trics forum. i can play dvds in WinDVD and mediaplayer, tried diferate aspect ratios, using VMR9, tried diferante codevs for immage but its the same with the others.

if any one have any idea......

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Since you didn't fill in the support template: what codecs do you use for DVD?
    Try switching the Video codec to "MPEG2Dec", the audio codec to "MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM" and the DVD navigator to the internal "DVD Navigator". If that works, you could try to use different Audio/Video codecs, but for me the internal DVD navigator is the one that works best.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    hey zewe, i actually have the same problem , if you figure it out can you post, cause i have got the problem playing dvds from my computer , the problem even occurs if i have it go to an external player ,eg. powerdvd, i can hear it playing but it doesn't display on screen, just out of curiousity when you record something in mytv, do you get nothing on the screen as well like me?

zewe

Portal Member
    March 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Here it goies, no themplate cause i got it working, it was the AC3 codec, im using AC3 pass to spdif, and changed some stuff in the codec abnd now it works.

Thans for the help u made my day

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    LOL thats probabably my problem too , when i was trying to fix things up a while back i uninstalled AC3 codec and i haven't reinstalled it yet, i will try that and see what happens , thanks zewe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom