DVD Rips (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So I'm thinking of making a concerted effort to rip some DVDs mainly multi-episode stuff and a few full length films. What's going to be the best way to do this, make ISO images and wait for NFO MDE support?

Semi-realted: the ISOs will play in MP2 client but I may have to transcode them for streaming to other devices. What are people using for this (Handbrake settings etc)? I'm more interested in quality than file size, the NAS has space for two more drives so I'll just buy more space if I need it.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Personnaly i'm sold to Ripbot264 for H264 (and now HEVC too) encoding. If you want to give it a try i'll tell you my settings for SD videos.

A great feature with Ripbot264 is the Distributed Encoding that cut the process in half if you have 2 PC with comparable CPU. It shares the encoding between clients in the network.

Last edited:

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Is there any rule of thumb as far as CRF values between x264/x265 and corresponding quality?

I use crf 17 with x264 and would like to achieve at least identical if not even better quality with x265.

vote4tux

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recommend IFO-Edit (select "create new movie files" -> saves the main movie only and after that select "Get VTS sectors"). This saves space and keeps the original structure and compatibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom