DVD Shortcut wont play DVD (1 Viewer)

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I was using MP 1.1 beta , moved back to MP 1.0.2 and now when I have a DVD in the dvd drive and select the DVD short cut in MP it, says "please insert Disk" , if I eject and reinsert the dvd it asks if I wish to play it and all is well but this is a pain. Anyone know what the issue is ? (before going to MP 1.1 Beta it was the same (using MP 1.0.2))

LittleKahuna

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the same problem (lucky I searched before posting my own thread:D).
Using the StreamedMP skin the screen just turns black for a second before returning to the main menu - I don't get the error message mentioned above but I assume we're using different skins/menus? Similarly if I eject/reload the DVD I can play it using the auto-run pop-up menu.

I've seen other people talk about DVD play back issues, and long discussions about codec conflicts, but this seems to be just the shortcut problem. I have no problems once the DVD is playing.

I've tried all combinations of codec's just in case, and tried using an external player as opposed to the MP internal player, but all with no joy.

Anyone else seen, or managed to resolve this quirk?

LK

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had the same issue until I realized that in my main MediaPortal Plugin config, the "DVD Shortcut" plugin wasn't even enabled (It was disabled by default). When this plugin is disabled, clicking the play DVD button does exactly what you guys are describing, goes to a blank screen for a second and then returns. Once I enabled the plugin (MP Config, plugins, click DVD Shortcut, Click enable), everything worked great :)

LittleKahuna

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Cheers Crackofdawn, that solved my issue. Never even realised the shortcut was a plugin:p

Hope its works for Nato too?

LK

Nato

Portal Pro
April 18, 2006
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Cheers Crackofdawn, that solved my issue. Never even realised the shortcut was a plugin:p

Hope its works for Nato too?

LK

No mine is enabled (first thing I checked) the only time it has worked for me is when I upgraded to 1.1.0 beta but had probs with a theme so I switched back.

So DVD shortcut still broken for me . When I click it it doesnt just go black and then go back to the main menu it comes up "Please Insert Disk" :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom