DVD subtitles and menu indicators not visible (1 Viewer)

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
I just can't seem to get subtitles on my DVD playback. I'm using the Intervideo codecs for both video and audio, VMR9 renderless. I've combed through the setup program and made sure I don't have the subtitles disabled - no luck. For example, in Episode II when Anakin visits Watto and they are speaking Huttese, there should be english subtitles shown.

I think this my be related, I can't see the indicator on the DVD menu, either. I am able to make other choices if I "count out" how many times I move the left or right arrow before hitting the enter button.

Any thougts?

Stinky

Portal Member
May 31, 2005
Yep - I switched to MPEG2Dec instead of InterVideo and it works fine. If I use WinDVD6 to watch a DVD, I have no problems, either.

Isn't the Intervideo codec better quality than MPEG2Dec? It's a bit of a catch-22; better quality versus being able to see subtitles and menu selections

Vergo

Portal Pro
August 30, 2005
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Stinky said:
I just can't seem to get subtitles on my DVD playback. I'm using the Intervideo codecs for both video and audio, VMR9 renderless. I've combed through the setup program and made sure I don't have the subtitles disabled - no luck. For example, in Episode II when Anakin visits Watto and they are speaking Huttese, there should be english subtitles shown.

I think this my be related, I can't see the indicator on the DVD menu, either. I am able to make other choices if I "count out" how many times I move the left or right arrow before hitting the enter button.

Any thougts?
Has this bug been reported & are people working on fixing this damn problem? I have it too & it bothers me to say the least :(
(Other than that, I am 90% happy with this proggie)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sure the MP team is working on that. But currently they have more to do with the TV implementation. If you can do some C#, you could look into this yourself. :)

And as stated above, these settings should work:

Video Codec: MPEG2Dec
    Audio Codec: MP2/AC3/...
    Navigator: DVD Navigator
    Renderer: VMR9 renderless

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom