DVDs - Language selection screen only appears after mouse movement/key press (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Some DVDs have language selection screens before anything else. When I play such a DVD in MediaPortal, either the main menu remains on the screen or I get a black screen. I then have to move the mouse or press an arrow button on my remote to get the language selection screen to appear. I'm using AnyDVD to decrypt.

This happens with LAV Filters in software mode (DXVA2 Native doesn't work properly with DVD menus yet), and it does not happen in Media Player Classic Home Cinema, so I'm sure it's a MediaPortal problem - maybe not correctly refreshing the screen?

Can anyone else confirm this issue? I've found this problem on 2 discs so far: Vanilla Sky and Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon (both PAL, region 2). Most Paramount DVDs seem to have this pre-menu language selection screen.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Logs attached. I did the following:

- Start MP in debug mode (no skins/addons)
- Switch to full-screen
- Play DVD
- Wait ~5 seconds with black screen showing
- Move cursor, choose English, then hit Enter
- Stop DVD, close MP

This doesn't seem to happen in windowed mode because the mouse highlights a selection straight away just by being there. Obviously in full-screen the mouse is hidden so no selection occurs until the user presses a button or moves the mouse.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Probably EVR renderer is waiting for it's queue to fill up -> it wont happen as there is only a single frame. Just an assumption.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I actually hacve similar and other strange happenings (like menu in Fin. Instead of Norwegian), but iirc this only happened when Any dvd was active.... Perhaps you can give it a shot without, if possible....?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    If I disable AnyDVD then I can't play DVDs (clicking "Play Disc" just makes the main menu refresh).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    So is this a bug with the EVR implementation then? If so, is it possible for it to be fixed before 1.3 comes out?

Lordwarf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello guys,

I am so glad I finally read someone having the exact same issue I have since my beginnings with MePo ! Not that I am happy that you have the issue DragonQ ;-)
    I encounter this symptom with various DVDs (Die Hard with a vengeance, this one I remember, and some others that do not come to mind at this late hour :)). But since I do not use EVR, I am not sure it is part of the problem. I had already posted about that some time ago, with logs and everything and a MePo team member suggested a DVD navigator codec issue. But since I never found an alternative to the default Microsoft navigator in WinXP, I left this problem alone since then.

Lord "David" Dwarf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom