DVDs without a IMDB tt-id, what to do? (1 Viewer)

Talldog

September 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I realize I can use the IMDB tt-id as part of the name to help Moving Pictures identifythe name.

The problem is, I have several DVDs in my collection that are not listed in IMDB. Instructional DVDs I have purchased over the internet and some DVDs that have been made by us or friends (home movies that have been turned into DVDs). These are actual DVDs with menus and they have the typical DVD structure on disk after they are ripped to disk. Because Moving Pictures can't identify them, they never show up in the menu.

Is there some way to get Moving Pictures to identify these disk so they will show up and in the right category?

PS

I haven't been using this plugin (or MediaPortal) for that long, but I like what I see so far. I just have to figure out how to tweak it.

Last edited:

Talldog

September 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is it possible to use a xbmc.nfo file to override this behavior so you could force-feed the info to MP?

If so, would this file be named "movie.nfo" and where exactly would it be located? If the file structure was":

..\Movies\Painting-for-Beginners\Video_TS

would it go in the "Painting-for Beginners" folder (same place you would put a folder.jpg file).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Those Disk will show up if you simply open the Mov Pic config. Then on Tab "Movie Importer" there is a button (second from left) "add as blank (editable) movie" If you press this you have the disk in your database and you can add all information you like on "Movie Manager". If the disk didn't show up in importer you can try "unignore all files" and/or "Restart Importer" to get them shown again...
    After you've filled in all your Information, add cover and backdrop you can save this settings as .nfo file. Very helpful here is "MovPicNfo" (search forum to get it). As I never use DVD (or BD) structure inside MovPic (all ripped as mkv also there's only a few SD movies left at all) I can't tell you were exactly the .nfo has to reside to be recognised by Mov Pic. .

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Talldog,

this is exactly the way you wanna do it. Sorry I can't help you with the naming for DVD files, I don't use 'em. But there are plenty of threads about that here in the forums... Here is one, haven't read it really but I think it'll help you:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/xbmc-scraper-and-video_ts-folders.85393/#post-686423

In movpic you will have to take care about the settings to make sure your nfo will be preferred over online lookup.
    Try to set it like this, I can't guarantee anything as I don't use it that way...

screen - mms - 2012-10-04 - 000.jpg screen - mms - 2012-10-04 - 001.jpg screen - mms - 2012-10-04 - 002.jpg

I set the main importer settings as I would set em on first attempt. For the importers it is important to have the local scripts at top priority.
    You can of course activate other sources but it will increase import duration. Additionally I would set max number of covers to something between 1-3, forgot that when taking the screenshots...
    [Edit:]
    :)
    Lehmden was faster... and his approach is the right one to get the nfos in the first place which I forgot in the process...:)
    Just try to combine both advices...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom