DVP-IP Channel Scan semi-successful (1 Viewer)

Vlayke

May 8, 2013
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hi,

I've found out about Media Portal and I'm trying to set it up in order to stream IPTV to my PC.
  • I installed the single seat server and the viewer app without problems.
  • I found an updated playlist for my IPTV provider (SiOl) and have added it to the list of available providers. SiOl was available already but they changed program scheme recently.
  • I started the scan and all the channels (except one or two) seemed to have been properly discovered and added.
Problem is that if I go to the "TV Channels" section there are only eight (8) entries :confused: :confused: There are supposed to be more than a hundred...
Media Portal viewer app shows the 8 channels like it's supposed to, but everything else is missing.
I tried to re-scan the whole list and nothing has changed. During scan the channels seemed to have been recognized and were "updated" but still only the 8 are shown.

I'm a bit stumped since there doesn't seem to be any error, warning or similar. The process of scan looks good, but results are not what they're supposed to be.

My config is:
Windows 7, 64-bit
Media Portal 1.3.0.0
Default skin
HP EliteBook 8540p
8GB RAM
i5 processor

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Vlayke

First, thank you for the log files!
    From the tv.log, I think the format of your m3u file may be incompatible. I can see TV Server attempting to scan URLs like "#EXTTV:Nacionalni;slv;SLO1". Obviously that is not a real URL.

Could you please post the m3u file?

Thanks,
    mm

Vlayke

May 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi mm,

The lines that you're mentioning are the description lines. They are followed by a proper url. Actually during my very first attempt of scan, I noticed that these lines are "bothering" the TV Server and it looked like they would prolong the scan process. So I removed them and re-did the scan with m3u that didn't contain the "#EXTTV" lines.
    In any case here are the playlist files. SiOl.m3u is the original, SiOlv1.m3u is the modified one. That's the one that I used in my original description. I'm also attaching screenshot of the TV Server Channels panel, so that you can see which programs are properly scanned in.

Hope this sheds light on the issue :)

Cheers,
    Vlayke

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      74.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Vlayke

Thanks again. :)
    I think your modified m3u file should work.
    Can you confirm: did you tick the "enable channel movement detection option" when you scanned?
    If so, I can confirm that would be the cause of the problem. That option will not work for your provider, so please delete all channels and rescan with that option not ticked.
    If not, I'll have another look...

mm

Vlayke

May 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi mm,

Thanks a lot for your quick responses.

I'll try with de-selecting the movement detection. I turned it on, since it looked like the thing that would be useful :)

I'll let you know how it goes tonight CET time, when I get home.

Cheers,
    Vlayke

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'll try with de-selecting the movement detection. I turned it on, since it looked like the thing that would be useful :)
    Hmmm, yes. There is a reason why it is not selected by default. ;)

I'll let you know how it goes tonight CET time, when I get home.
    Looking forward to it. :)

Vlayke

May 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi mm,

Well, this time it worked, like a charm. Thanks a lot for the solution. May I suggest that in the future versions of the TV Server you add a note of some sort for this option, with warning that this scanning may fail?
    As a side-question (pure curiosity): how comes that some of the channels did appear and some didn't? Also, even during original scan, it looked like things are going on OK. Just channel list didn't reflect scan.

Now I'm on to exploring the possibilities that this thing offers. (y)

Cheers,
    Vlayke

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great! :)

May I suggest that in the future versions of the TV Server you add a note of some sort for this option, with warning that this scanning may fail?
    Scanning didn't actually fail.
    The option is explained here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Scan_DVB-IP#Enable_channel_movement_detection

In your case, most of your channels have very similar service ID, transport stream ID and original network ID values. This makes TV Server think they were all the same channel(s).

As a side-question (pure curiosity): how comes that some of the channels did appear and some didn't? Also, even during original scan, it looked like things are going on OK. Just channel list didn't reflect scan.
    The progress area would have told you channels were being updated (rather than new channels being found).
    This is your clue that TV Server was finding channel A... then finding channel B and thinking it was the same as channel A... then finding channel C and thinking it was the same as channel A/B... etc.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom