Dynamic Refresh Rate and LAV (and maybe .mkv) (1 Viewer)

kirk1

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've got a strange problem with LAV and the dynamic refresh rate. I had a search of the forum and I can't find anything that describes my issue.

Issue:

When dynamic refresh rate is enabled and I play a 720p mkv file the tv changes refresh rate to 25hz as expected, but then fails to play the file and returns to the menu. MePo then won't play audio on my HD tv channels until a restart. Disabling dynamic refresh rate and all files play as expected, although the 720p mkv files are now playing a 50hz and had a slight shudder.

I'm stuck for where to look for answers on this one. I want to run dynamic refresh rate but something has to be conflicting somewhere.

I'm 100% sure this is not a hardware issue as I have had this up and running before. If it is any help I will list my hardware configuration.

LAV Video Settings:
Hardware Acceleration: NVIDIA CUVID
(no other settings changed)

LAV Audio Settings:
Pass through set on all audio streams

MePo Codec Settings:
Video: All LAV
TV: Cyberlink/ LAV Audio

Video Renderer: EVR

Any ideas?????

kirk1

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Australia Australia
It's hard to test every scenario and in the meantime found another issue:

Any successful play of a .mkv will prevent any other .mkv from playing and gives an unable to play error in MePo
Video Codec: AVC
Audio Codec: DTS

I updated to DXVA native and besides not being as crisp as CUVID the same behavior was present

I also changed to VMR9, I lost some depth in colour but got slightly smoother playback

EDIT:
Now it appears dynamic refresh rate may not be the issue. I've turned dynamic refresh rate off and only get 1 play before the same issue appears. With dynamic refresh rate on it won't give me the first play.

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
and it seems something is wrong with LAV audio: it is configured as audio decoder, but MP takes MPC audio decoder. Have you disabled some supported formats in LAV Audio?

kirk1

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Australia Australia
I noticed that too .... thought it was strange. Be back with some answers in a few minutes.

Thanks so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom