Dynamic Refresh Rate change not working (yet again!) (1 Viewer)

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
After finally managing to get DRR working on my Intel Integrated Graphics 630 based setup, which was down to the default ON setting for the ever mysterious "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" setting, it's stopped working again.

I don't watch many downloaded TV series or movies on MP these days, so I've no idea what specific change in the mean time may have changed this behaviour. I've upgraded from 1.29 to 1.30, probably many Windows updates plus Intel driver updates ... who knows?

Anyway, here's the MP debug log it's of any use to someone. The only line that gives any information is ...

[2022-07-17 14:24:33,434] [Log ] [SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS thread] [INFO ] - CycleRefreshRate: unable to change refresh rate 23Hz for monitor 0 for resolution 1920 x 1080

which although clearly true, isn't actually very helpful as to giving the reasons why it was unable to change!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
    128.4 KB

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Nobody? This is very frustrating. I finally got it to work a while back by simply unticking the "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" box in settings, and now for some reason it's stopped working out of the blue and even in debug mode the log file doesn't really offer much in the way of help.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Nothing? Is it me or has this forum died a death recently. Hardly any activity for months now.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    i'm absent from MP forum since a while now,
    looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz, and after try to enable 50Hz ?

So, MP detecte 23 hz and want to switch TV to 25 hz, but can't
    and MP want switch to 50hz

try to start change frequency before MP Start, on windows parameter.
    i remember something about intel video and refreshrate.

try to look inside MP setting on refreshrate setting. to see something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom