Dynamic Refresh Rate forcing 50Hz on my 59.94Hz HDTV content (1 Viewer)

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
    MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
    CPU Type: Client: Intel P4 630, Server: Core2 Duo E6300
    HDD: Hitachi 250GB, WD 2TB
    Memory: Client: 2.5GB DDR, Server: 4GB
    Motherboard: Client: Dell 0WG261, Server: Dell 0RF703
    Video Card: Client and Server:nVidia GeForce GT 430
    Video Card Driver: 280.26
    Sound Card: Client: SigmaTel HD, Server: C-Media USB Audio Device
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.4823
    1. TV Card: Server: Hauppauge 2250
    1. TV Card Type: ATSC
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: CyberLink PDVD11
    HTPC Case: Client: Dell Dimension 5150, Server: Dell Optiplex 745
    TV: Client: Pioneer PRO-1150HD, Server: Sanyo PLV-Z2000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, I posted here first to see if it was the way I configured Dynamic Refresh Rate changer, but haven't got any replies (or peeks at the logs) in a few days. I'm thinking this is a bug. Here is a copy of my post in that thread:

Hi,
    I'm having trouble with Dynamic Refresh Rate switching my refresh rate to 50Hz when viewing 59.94Hz HDTV content. I've set it up per the instructions here:
    Stuttering Playback - MediaPortal Wiki

I've got a Sanyo PLV-2000 projector for a display device which supports 23.976, 24, 29, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 and a bunch of other timings. My Nvidia Georce GT 430 video card supports all the required frequencies too.

Playing content with other framerates (e.g., 24p) or 59.94Hz SD videos (ISOs) works as expected.

I tried the default DRR settings and got the same result. I tried using integers instead of the decimal numbers for the refresh rate and got the same result.

My best guess is that it is something to do with the following lines in my logs. But I don't know why the framerate would be 25...

2011-10-24 21:46:31.096477 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: framerate on file R:\\live6-0.ts.tsbuffer is 25
    2011-10-24 21:46:31.099477 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: using internal win32 method for changing refreshrate. current is 50hz, desired is 50

Any suggestions on what I can do are appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot of the Configuration screen, a screenshot of the details from Shift-1 and logs.

Thanks,
    Doug

Attachments

• 50Hz.JPG
      50Hz.JPG
      89.6 KB
    • Config.JPG
      Config.JPG
      50.2 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As far as I know, it doesn't actually measure the frame rate for live TV ("MediaInfoWrapper: disabled for this content" in the log) - it just uses the 'TV' refresh rate setting.

Does it work with the settings in the image below ?

Tony

Attachments

• 60hz_arc_TV.jpg
      60hz_arc_TV.jpg
      141.9 KB

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    :D It does work with those settings. I had used a similar approach by changing the TV line to 25->59.94.

I had thought that the media was sampled and then the frame rate was adjusted accordingly. Maybe that is for media on the PC only and not liveTV. But the following line from one of my logs leads me to believe it is trying to read/guess the frame rate first:
    2011-10-28 14:44:10.371363 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: unable to guess framerate on file rtsp://192.168.0.112:554/stream6.0

Perhaps the DRR wiki should be updated as it's not entirely clear this is how it works and that TV line in the DRR configuration can't be deleted (though it's not there in the example table).

Doug

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps the DRR wiki should be updated as it's not entirely clear this is how it works and that TV line in the DRR configuration can't be deleted (though it's not there in the example table).

Doug
    There is a note below the 2nd refresh rate table on the Stuttering Playback Wiki, and the same note is on the Dynamic Refresh Rate Wiki page:

Note! When you use a Multi Seat setup and use RTSP for LiveTV, the Dynamic Refresh Rate doesn't work! More info about this can be found in the Known Issues Wiki.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom