Easy one for you pros (I think) - X10 Firefly key mapping. (1 Viewer)

fujidust

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I am using the Firefly remote with 0.2.2.0's native x10 support and it works great. The 'info' buttons allow it to do great things. Except, I am having a small problem:

Of the 5 function-specific keys on the bottom (TV, DVD, Music, etc), only the TV button works. That's not the part that bothers me. The problem is, if I use the TV key, it takes me to the TV section but I cannot exit out of it back to the main screen with the remote! I have to press "H" on my keyboard. Pressing exit several times would normally get me out but it does nothing.

If it matters, I am using "SimpleMP Beta 3 (0.2.2.0 + SVN)" skin but do not have the SVN loaded.

I am very close to eliminating the keyboard altogether. The only thing stopping me is this "H" key.

Can I bind "H" to the firefly key or some other key? If so, how? Please be gentle, I cannot program to save my life. ;)

Thank you!!!!!

PS: Fantastic product once properly configured. Using it Cyberlink PDVD7 & PCM45 plugins for the DVD portions and it's better than using my DVD player.

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
I've also noticed with my Firefly that the Channel +/- do not work when the TV is full screen.

I replaced my ATI Remote Wonder I with this and other than a few little things like this, it is a much better remote.

Also, are there any easy ways (single button press) to get the IMDB info for movies up? On the ATI RW, you could press the 'E' button. Any thoughts??

fujidust

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Update

I found a profile written by another user that works really well (better, I think).

I cannot remember where I found it on here but google "mediaportal x10 EventGhost" and you should find what I am talking about. It entails that you mark your remote as "other x10" and load the custom profile. Works like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom