Easy remote fix for those without hauppage (1 Viewer)

Nick_UK

January 12, 2006
Ok, i use a laptop downstairs to watch tv recorded on my main MP PC upstairs. The laptop has a packard bell TV ina box (lifeview TV walker rebrand I think). Now of course the remote with this does not work with MP. So Ive bought a logitec wireless keyboard, mouse and remote package (~£40 from PC world). Now the remote works pretty much out of the box.

I think its actually a glorified wirelss mouse, but hey it works! It comes with its own HT software, but it a bit pants and cant stream video from a remote folder.

Main problem i had was exiting full screen video in RC2, so I have swtched to RC1 which has a left click menu in full screen video that lets you select 'move to previous window'. In GUI mode the remotes 'back' button works fine.

Its got ~8 user definable keys so you can start MP from the remote, or map them to specific key strokes.

I'm not on comision by the way, but it works a bloody treat!

One question while I'm here is there a key stroke (or is it possible to set a key stroke) that takes you all the way back to the first GUI screen, i.e. the same way the 'home' button on my hauppage remote does?

Hope this helps someone

Cheers

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom