EasyApps (1 Viewer)

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
Hmm i dicided not to add the feature to select where the application button is listet. For this everyone can use the MultiShortcut plugin.

I only add the display name changing for the next release.

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
New Version!

could be found here, after the Admin reviewed it.
Click me

or download directly:

Download

Changes:

- Added Image support
- Added Display Name changing by configuration
- Skin changed for show thumbs

Have frun

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
HI, I get unhandled exception when trying to add item in configuration! Imagelocation must be set is the error reported?

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I am sorry to drop in this again but I want to clear something out.

This plugin allows for making ONE menu item in home and under this menu item add some menu items that just call some external programs?

What makes this program different than MultiShortcuts? (MS)
MyPrograms ok, I understand it has much extra UNEEDED functionality. But MS already does what EasyApps does and more (usefull) functionality. It can be used to call multiple external programs under some submenu, but also adding multiple buttons ON main menu (something that EasyApps doesn't AFAIK). Allows to name the buttons whatever you want etc.

Let me note that I haven't created MS, I have no "bond" with it and am looking forward into finding something better (esp. since the programmer of MS has clearly stated that won't really support it). I just don't get why you created this plugin that has less functionality than MS (except maybe to experiment). Shouldn't you first reach at least the same functionality and then release?

Again no offence, it is a free world (mostly). I am just curious.

Maybe there is some different functionality I didn't see (if you can point me to it)?
Also is this plugin get "multiple buttons on home menu" functionality too eventually? (then there is a point this plugin was created)

TNDAri

Portal Pro
July 12, 2006
GER - Bremen
What i don't like on the MultiShortcut Plugin:
It puts every button to the Home menu....and this is nothing for me. I dont want 30 buttons for my games in my home menu / my plugins menu. BTW i must copy MS dlls 30 times in my plugin dir - thats something i never liked.....to many files for just a small thing.

I build plugins for me,not primary for the public. Thats what i like at the plugin system. I could make my own MediaPortal.
Nobody must use my Plugins but i can post them here, so everyone has a choice.
I think a choice is allmost better then one app which evryone MUST use if he wants this feature.

This plugin is not build to competition the MS plugin. Its just small, easy and does what i need.

Greatz

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    It would be nice to just have just one Programs plugin. That has a esay/simple option and then an advanced set of options.

TNDAri

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2006
    GER - Bremen
    James said:
    It would be nice to just have just one Programs plugin. That has a esay/simple option and then an advanced set of options.

Thats the My Programs plugin ;)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    ok I get it

James I agree there should be ONE plugin (well if you ask me it should be native "home" functionality) to do all those...

We now have three plugins one a bit different from each other, just because home doesn't allow a plain call to an external program by itself... anyway I don't want to get PM flamed again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom