EasyCAP usb, webcam in Mediaportal ? With recording ? (2 Viewers)

altainta

May 18, 2009
Home Country
India India
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.22555
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: xpsp3
CPU Type: atom330
HDD: 500gb
Memory: 2gb ddr2 667
Motherboard: D945GCLF2
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:# EASYCAP USB 2.0
Video input: RCA composite or S-Video
Audio input: Stereo audio (RCA)

Easy cap link
DealExtreme: $13.43 EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio/Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle

I would like to know does Mediaportal support this ?

I have a SET TOP BOX at home of tatasky and want to watch it inside mediaportal and also record it..
But i am unable to find the option for composite video in through usb
My easycap shows this thing in device manager
devicemanager.jpg

Xp use it as a CAMERA OR SCANNER...

Can mediaportal use it as a TV ? and use record funtion on it ? what exactly i want is
1) View Easy cap output in mediaportal trough TV option
2) use record funtion
3) zoom and other funtion fot the video (just basic zoom, colour etc)
that is it nothing else... No teletext, nothing nothing atall. I will use my stb to change the channel or tune in...

Kindly help with it.. I read the manual and wiki but nothing mentioned there

MORE DETAIL
my stb give 3 rca pin which i connect to TV AV but now i will use it with EASYCAP ON THE PC..
DealExtreme: $13.43 EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio/Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle

Waiting eagerly for an reply...

edit i found : MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - CamPlayer
but it just show the screen but nothing else i can't record it please tell me how to record it inside mediaportal...

ireshine

Portal Member
November 18, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I would also like Easycap be supported as a type of video capture card.

does anyone know of a video capturing software that has the option for schedule recording? I cant find any!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I gave up and jumped ship to Kodi - which worked first time without problems. After 10 years with Mediaportal, it was a huge shame to leave but I couldn’t get it to work at all with my new PC with integrated...
Hi @azzuro, I don’t know what was wrong with loading onto my new HTPC. After many days of trying to get MePo to work, I’m afraid I...
Hi, I've been using MediaPortal 1 for many years on an HTPC with a graphics card, but since switching to a Dell Optiplex 5080 with...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only recognize recordings with MPEG video and audio tracks. So, as the object of this thread, I would like to change the audio and video codecs for recordings processed with an analog PCI-E Card with HDMI input...
Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only...
Hello. I'm 28 from Italy and I use Mediaportal to record videos which I then have to process with another software that only...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
No compatibility settings at all please. MP2 runs on Windows 10 without further interaction.
No compatibility settings at all please. MP2 runs on Windows 10 without further interaction.
I am new to MediaPortal and just installed the newest 2.2.3 on a Windows 10. The first few days were fine, we recorded TV and...
Replies
Views
I am still on 1.22 but I had a thought that MediaPortal did not like starting up without a Audio Device available in Windows, even if you later turn on the TV (HDMI audio device becomes available) and play the TV content. So I plugged a set of headphones into the on-board soundcard and Windows enabled the soundcard, I launched MP...
I am still on 1.22 but I had a thought that MediaPortal did not like starting up without a Audio Device available in Windows, even...
Hello, I've been using the fantastic MediaPortal for a couple of years without issue. But I needed to reinstall Windows because...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom