Edit time out for Online Data Sync (1 Viewer)

Sasler

Portal Pro
October 19, 2006
It would be beneficial if one could edit time out duration for Online Data Sync, because I'm always getting a timeout when trying to find info for the House (or House M.D.) series. If i try to view the xml page direc tly in my web browser it opens it evetually, after a looooong wait. This is the link:

http://www.thetvdb.com/interfaces/GetSeries.php?seriesname=house&language=7

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Anyway, I do think I could bypass this problem by tmeporally incresing the timeout, but there doesn't seem to be a setting for that.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    It would be beneficial if one could edit time out duration for Online Data Sync, because I'm always getting a timeout when trying to find info for the House (or House M.D.) series. If i try to view the xml page direc tly in my web browser it opens it evetually, after a looooong wait. This is the link:

http://www.thetvdb.com/interfaces/GetSeries.php?seriesname=house&language=7

Anyway, I do think I could bypass this problem by tmeporally incresing the timeout, but there doesn't seem to be a setting for that.

Yes, the site is slow right now, but that should be resolved ocne they move to the new server.

Anyways, the timeout is hardcoded to 20000 ms which should be enough under normal circumstances. We don't want to create too many options, or it'll just be a configuration nightmare.

polargeek

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    While we are slow at the moment you do realize searching for house even just with english series returns over 90 different series right in any system that's gonna take awhile.

Paul

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    While we are slow at the moment you do realize searching for house even just with english series returns over 90 different series right in any system that's gonna take awhile.

Paul

Yeah, i am busy redoing my entire collection and i think House came back with 101 options! Lol. With about 190 series, i was probably stupid trying to redo the entire lot until the site upgrade has gone through. At the moment it takes about 2 minutes to retrieve each series's options. Fortunately most of my banners and what not are up to date, otherwise i would be screwed :)

Sasler

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2006
    Now I have the same problem with Star Trek: Voyager. Having a longer time out would really help me.

Is there a work around for this problem?

Would it be possible to input manually the series ID?

janbo

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be beneficial if one could edit time out duration for Online Data Sync, because I'm always getting a timeout when trying to find info for the House (or House M.D.) series. If i try to view the xml page direc tly in my web browser it opens it evetually, after a looooong wait.

I had problems with house as well and my guess is that the web site returns too many potential series when you search for "house", e.g. "Little House on the Prairie" :eek:

I solved the problem by manually editing the TV series database with the correct Series ID for House MD. After that I got a clean and working episode/season update.

Sasler

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2006
    I had problems with house as well and my guess is that the web site returns too many potential series when you search for "house", e.g. "Little House on the Prairie" :eek:

I solved the problem by manually editing the TV series database with the correct Series ID for House MD. After that I got a clean and working episode/season update.

How did you manually edit the Series ID?

janbo

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How did you manually edit the Series ID?

Hmmm...I don't remember the exact way I did it and I am not at home to check it out.

There is some sort of SQL database editor installed as part of either MediaPortal or the TV series plugin. I used that one and opened the TV series database that is located....somewhere.... Then I found the entry for House that did not have any tvdb info stored as the regular import had failed. I just copied the TV series ID I got manually from the tvdb site and pasted that into the TV series ID field.

Perhaps someone else can point out where the editor and database is located? Otherwise I'll help you out once I get back home.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    From memory:

The editor is located in the docs folder under c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal (assuming you installed to default location).

The DB is called something like tvseriesdb4 and is in c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal

janbo

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    From memory:

The editor is located in the docs folder under c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal (assuming you installed to default location).

The DB is called something like tvseriesdb4 and is in c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal

Almost right.

Editor is in MediaPortal/docs/SQL Lite Data Browser

Database is in MediaPortal/Database/tvseriesdb4

Open up the database, choose Browse data and select Local Series. If your plugin has attempted to scan your House episodes, there should be an entry for House with Series ID -1 or so. Edit this value to the correct one, save the database and try another import with the TV Series Configuration tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom