Editing Recorded TV Details (1 Viewer)

blynk_nz

June 11, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am trying to edit the name & synopsis etc of recorded TV. I lot of things I tape (especially children shows) will not have any details, which is a pain when trying to find specific episodes for my kid.
I can edit the XML associated with that recording, but it doesn't update in MP. Do I need to reload the show again? or is there a different way of editing the details?

TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Do I need to reload the show again?
    Yes, you would need to reload the show again:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

or is there a different way of editing the details?
    You could edit them more directly if you're brave enough to work with the TV Server database (MySQL or SQL Server) directly. There are various tools available to do that... with varying degrees of user-friendliness... but most tend towards "not very friendly/easy to use".

blynk_nz

June 11, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I had a look there, but the TV show never showed up after the edit. Looking at that it seems like I would need to move the recording (or maybe rename the file?) for it to show up. I am comfortable enough working with SQL, so I might look at that option as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom