Effects plugin (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Try placing them nearer the start of the skin file, I put mine right after the background image.

Are there any other entries in the log prefixed with MyEffects? The plugin will stop the effect upon encountering a problem.

N

narcan

Nah. Searching for 'effect' the only other log lines I find are these towards the end:

Code:
18/03/2005 9:05:51 PM   PlugInManager.Load()
18/03/2005 9:05:51 PM   Load plugins from :plugins\process\MyEffects.dll
18/03/2005 9:05:51 PM   Load plugins from :plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
18/03/2005 9:05:51 PM   PlugInManager.Start()

Tried putting it at the start, and after background image. I'm running at a res of 1280x720, tried fullscreen as well as windowed.

Am definitely editing the correct xml file, tried replacing the background image and that was fine.

Also tried using some of the images already referenced in the file for the 'imageeffect' texture but that didn't have any effect either.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Do you see the bitmap that you're for the effect?

The only thing I can come up with is that you have the version of the plugin that was built based on the day before last's CVS. The signature of the GUIWindow.Render method changed between .10 and the current CVS.

N

narcan

No, I'm not seeing anything. The plugin has no visible effect.

I'm using the plugin posted at this address.
http://www.netpoint-it.co.uk/lee/mp/myeffects.zip

I downloaded it last night. It has the version 1.0.1901.25442 stamped on it.
So are you saying this is possibly not compatible with 0.1.0.10 ? Should I just wait for the new mp release before trying again ?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Yup, I overwrote the .10 version. It would be good if you did wait, if we don't have a new build over the weekend I'll download the .10 branch and make another .10 compatible plugin.

R

rgalgon

I've had absolutely no luck getting this plugin working. I'm assuming its because i'm running 0.1.0.10.
Am I correct in assuming this? or am I just completely inept?

Clodo

Portal Pro
July 8, 2005
Milan, Italy
Many times ago i'm writing a screensaver that allow a slideshow effects with differents image in the same time, with a lot of alpha channel...

http://www.itazz.net:90/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=1

It's freeware, sorry is not documented yet..) but is written in C++/MFC, can be useful a porting/modification for MP?

(Warning: start in tray mode, and is also a wallpaper changer, so double-click on the tray icon will change your wallpaper...)

T

Trozza

i can't get it working. ;( been trying last two nights to the early hours of the morn. i'v had it either just showing the desktop after its loaded [minus the start bar thing in windows] or a completely black screen both times the cursor hides and then when i move the mouse, the cursor comes up.

i'v put the MyEffects.dll in the plugins/process folder

this is what my home.xml looks like
Code:
<controls>
	<control>
		<description>background image</description>
		<type>image</type>
		<id>1</id>
		<posX>0</posX>
		<posY>0</posY>
		<width>720</width>
		<height>576</height>
		<texture>background.png</texture>
	</control>
............ just stuff in between that i havn't changed... then at the end

<control><id>666</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog1.png</texture><speed>1</speed><direction>up</direction><bloat>yes</bloat><bloatmin>155</bloatmin></control> 
<control><id>667</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog1.png</texture><speed>2</speed><direction>down</direction><bloat>yes</bloat><bloatmin>1</bloatmin></control> 
<control><id>666</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog2.png</texture><speed>3</speed><direction>up</direction><bloat>yes</bloat><bloatmin>55</bloatmin></control> 
<control><id>666</id><type>imageeffect</type><texture>fog2.png</texture><speed>4</speed><direction>down</direction><bloat>yes</bloat><bloatmin>1</bloatmin></control> 
</controls>

i'v put the fog.png and fog2.png file in well all over the place :p

i'v tried copying and pasting all the code that ppl have posted up so far.

any help PLEASEEEEEEE

thanks for your time
Troy

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
any help PLEASEEEEEEE

Grrrrrrrrrr, did you have to bring this thread back to life? ;)

Once the release is out of the way I'll take a look at this and see how much life can be put back into this plugin - there are some changes that will be integrated post-release that will be useful to this.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom