eHome Infrared Transceiver drivers (1 Viewer)

comatose

April 19, 2008
Hi ikarmona. Your solution seemed to make all buttons work for me.

I've uploaded my irbus.sys, just in case you haven't been able to get it to work yet.

(PS I'm also from Israel, and have the TSES-IR12 receiver. I didn't have to modify the inf manually to get it work, I simply copypasted what your post said)

irbus.sys

beast_C_A_T

July 14, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am also on the same boat. Although I managed to make some progress (thanks to cybrmage).

I also bought the Hauppague PVR-150 MCE Kit and received the remote and the IR receiver. The remote's model is TSHA-IR01 and the IR receiver's is TSES-IR12.
The problem is NOT with the remote since this same remote works perfectly at another MediaPortal machine that I have with the SMK IR reciver. The problem is with the TSES-IR12 IR receiver. It doesn't want to recognize the driver when it is plugged into the XP-Pro machine. I see a "?" next to the 'eHome Infrared Tranceiver' in the Device manager.

So here is what I did to progress a little:
1. Install the XP Update 2 for IR (KB912024). This will install the irbus.sys in your drivers dir.
2. Found the original irbus.inf file that came inside the update (I guess that one can extract it, but I found it in my system)
3. Plug in your IR receiver. This will result that you'll have an "?" besides the 'eHome Inf...' in the DeviceManager
4. Select properties -> Details and you'll see the VID and PID which your connected device (IR remote) is presenting itself. The original irbus.inf did not have these VID/PID s.
5. Now, copy the irbus.inf and irbus.sys from step 2 to some temp directory and edit the irbus.inf. Insert the below two lines in the appropriate places:
%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus_V2, USB\VID_1784&PID_0006 ; Topseed BB
and
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_1784&PID_0006 ; Topseed BB
(in case you have different numbers for VID and PID use them in the example above)
6. Go to Device Manager and do Update Driver to the 'eHome IR Receiver'. Use 'Have disk' option and specify your new irbus.inf file in the temp directory.
7. Reboot.

Doing the steps above made the "?" to disappear and the Device Manager is not complaining any more. Fireing up the Media Portal I can now use the remote but the recognized buttons are very limited. Only the UP,DOWN, LEFT,RIGHT,and OK buttons work properly. Pressing the other buttons I get no response. I wish I also had the BACK and INFO buttons work but unfortunately they don't.

Can anyone help further?

I guess this IR receiver is indeed designed for Vista. Does anyone know if we can port the Vista driver to the XP? cybermage: can you please elaborate more on this "CIR device". I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Izak
This works for the HP TSGI-IR01 too
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom