eHome Infrared Transceiver drivers (1 Viewer)

drewsno

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yes, progress!! ikarmona, thankyou very much for your very detailed instruction, they worked perfectly. Most of the buttons on my remote seem to work, including the back button. Good luck with getting the rest of your buttons working.

ikarmona

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Yes, progress!! ikarmona, thankyou very much for your very detailed instruction, they worked perfectly. Most of the buttons on my remote seem to work, including the back button. Good luck with getting the rest of your buttons working.

What is your IR receiver's model? Is it TSES-IR12? Did it present itself (in Device Manager) as VID/PID as 1784/0006?

If you have the same IR receiver and remote, then I wonder where I went wrong? I can live without the functionality of many buttons but I have to have the BACK and INFO buttons work.

Anyway, I am happy for you. Glad to have helped.;)

drewsno

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
What is your IR receiver's model? Is it TSES-IR12? Did it present itself (in Device Manager) as VID/PID as 1784/0006?

If you have the same IR receiver and remote, then I wonder where I went wrong? I can live without the functionality of many buttons but I have to have the BACK and INFO buttons work.

Anyway, I am happy for you. Glad to have helped.;)

What version of MediaPortal are you using? Because I just tried upgrading to 0.2.3.0, and suddenly my back button and some others stopped functioning! When I reinstalled 0.2.2.0, it returned to correct functioning again.

I have exactly the same model of IR receiver, and the VID/PID were the same as yours.

ikarmona

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hey! This is something new. I didn't think that the version of Media Portal would matter. In any case I am (and have been) running the 0.2.2.0 version all along on all my MP machines. It is the vanilla version without any SVNs. I don't want to upgrade to 0.2.3.0 until it comes out the RC phases. I have the whole house depending on on MP now, and I dont want to endanger the WAF.

So, you tell me that it works with 0.2.2.0 and not with 0.2.3.0? That's strange because it doesn't work with my 0.2.2.0.

Let's check one more thing: what is the File Version of your irbus.sys in the ...\Drivers directory? Please check by clicking Properties->Version Tab on the file and also in the Device Manager by clicking on Properties->Driver Tab->Driver Details for the eHome Infra Transceiver. Both should match. The version that I have is 5.1.2600.2825 which is the exact one delivered by the KB912024.

drewsno

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok, my version is slightly different, it is 5.1.2600.2709 in the device manager, and same in system32\drivers. I don't know where that one came from, I must have tried half a dozen different drivers!

I dont know if my INFO button is working, since I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

ikarmona

Portal Member
January 27, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
I dont know if my INFO button is working, since I'm not sure what it is supposed to do.

The INFO button, when pressed while watching a movie for example, shows you IMDB info, timeline, options to change the aspect ratio, etc. It is a very useful and very much used button.

Can yo please check with the Irbus.sys which comes with the KB912024? I guess reinstalling the patch will update it. If you get the BACK button's functionality with 0.2.2.0 while using 5.1.2600.2825 then we can start looking elsewhere to find out how we can solve this problem, since with this configuration it doesn't work in my system. Perhaps we need to check what other differences we have between your and my system.

drewsno

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Ok, in that case the INFO button doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when I push it. The group of buttons at the top (music, tv, photos, etc) don't work either. But pretty much everything else seems to work. I'm not too worried about that though.

I will have a go at installing those other drivers later and let you know how it goes.

optymind

Portal Member
November 2, 2007
For some reason this worked for me...

%USB\VID_045E&PID_006D.DeviceDesc%=IrBus, USB\VID_1784&PID_0006
and
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_1784&PID_0006

I don't know why originally ikarmona listed IrBus_V2 and that Topseed BB stuff.

jacobus.vors

January 23, 2008
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi Izak,
With your instructions I also managed to get the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT and ENTER buttons to work. I then downloaded HIP (Human Interface Programmer) from this site: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP

This enabled me to assign keystrokes to my Hauppauge TSHA-IR01 remote's buttons. Now I can use all the buttons on my remote to control Media Portal.

scipher

April 14, 2008
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I have the exact same remote, I got this to function fully in Windows XP SP2 Pro with the following fix...it requires some tinkering but I hope it helps, here is the permalink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom