Elecard Mpeg2 Video Decoder (1 Viewer)

Requient

Portal Member
March 22, 2007
Home Country
Have some questions here. Any answers would greatly be appreciated.

1. I would like to compress my recordings after they are completed. I am told by a message in MediaPortal that I require the Elecard Mpeg2 Video Decoder if I wish my recordings to be in Xvid format. Where do I get this decoder and how exactly do I install it? (ie: Just run a setup file and MP detects it?)
  2. In MediaPortal setup, there is a section under Post Recording where tons of 'filters' are listed. It so happens as well that stuff like the above-mentioned Elecard decoder is also present. Is this where I set the option?
  3. With records to my first question, I also realised that there is an Elecard Video Decoder option under my recording properties (the one which allows you to choose the decoder for both video and audio). However, when I tried to switch to Elecard, the compress utility in MediaPortal gave an error. Compressions to WMV and MPEG-2 did not give any errors.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The version of the Elecard codec that worked with this feature is no longer available, unfortunately this feature has never been updated, and has been replaced by the Videoeditor plugin, info found here

:sorry:

Requient

Portal Member
    March 22, 2007
    Home Country
    While recording...

Ah, no wonder.

Just more queries regarding what you said - Is the feature similar to the original Elecard Decoder in the sense that I have to wait for the recording to be done? Or can the feature be activated AS the recording is being done (ie: no need to specially allocate a time AFTER the recording for transcoding?)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The recording has to be finished, this is a videoeditor so will cut out adverts\recording overlap time, only downside is output only to mpeg (for DVD) or Divx.

Must admit i find it very easy to use, especially with a remote.

Just a case of keeping on top of those recordings you wish to keep, otherwise it does become a chore.

Requient

Portal Member
    March 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Does conversion of mpeg files to divx ones take long? (ie: More than 5 mins?). I once tried an external editor and it took almost 2 hours for a file which lasted 1 hour. (I heard the original dvr-ms is highly compressed). If it takes more than 10 mins, are there any hardware tuners capable of directly recording to divx?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom