Eliptic "ghost circle" in MP fullscreen dark scenes (1 Viewer)

Saken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2006
    Tromso
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am experiencing an elliptic (horizontal) "ghost circle" in MP while in fullscreen and in dark scenes. It appears only in fullscreen, not in windowed mode. Also it is not codec dependent - it appears in mpeg2, xvid, x264 media. Also it is TV, DVD, Video independent, it is everywhere.

The "ghost circle" is placed in the center of the screen and covers approximately 15-20% of the screen. It is not shadowing any elements of the scenes, but merely sets a grey filled circle in the middle of the screen where the scene is very dark.

It has been like this since I started using MP years ago. Currently I'm using MP version is 0.2.3.0 SVN Build 1ab1 (2008-01-02 / 1:00 CET).

Recently I tried MPlayer plugin and the "ghost circle" wasn't there. Then it occurred to me that it could be an MP internal player "feature" that could be the reason. I then tried several players in fullscreen mode, and no "ghost circle".

Anyone else experiencing a similar situation? Or maybe have a suggestion to a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom