Elonex Artisan LX (1 Viewer)

JeromeF

Portal Pro
December 16, 2006
South West
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My dad has just bought an Elonex Artisan LX barebone system from a well known UK online store. It was £120 and come with: case, psu and lga775 motherboard.

The case has a front LED display, multiple ammounts of controls, a built in RF antenna and built in IR Receiver. It uses a heatpipe heatsink with no fan for the CPU, the PSU is located next to the CPU and has two 80mm fans, a duct is fitted over the heatpipe and PSU to draw the hot air out. It is an excellent design and is so quiet the only thing you will hear is the HDD's or DVD Drive spinning.

I'm about to buy one, just to use the case and PSU with my exisiting setup. My setup is as follows:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
MSI G965M Motherboard
Geil 2Gb ( 2 x 1Gb ) PC6400 800Mz DDR2
Hitachi Deskstar 400Gb SATA-II
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtreamMusic
K-World PCI-100 DVB-T

This case has been tried and tested with various Core 2 Duo machines and it runs flawlsly.

For the price of the case i think this is an absolute bargain, with it's nice sleek design and ultra quiet operating.

I would reccomend it to anyone looking to build a new system, wether they are just using a P4 or a Core 2 Duo.

ArtisanLX.gif

colincliff

Portal Member
September 27, 2005
Hey Jerome F

Followed your advice and picked up an Artisan barebone. I am using the mob which came with it.

Can you let me know what plugins etc your using to get your front panel working with Mediaportal on the Artisan.
Also does the volume control knob work with mediaportal?

Thanks

JeromeF

Portal Pro
December 16, 2006
South West
Home Country
Hey Jerome F

Followed your advice and picked up an Artisan barebone. I am using the mob which came with it.

Can you let me know what plugins etc your using to get your front panel working with Mediaportal on the Artisan.
Also does the volume control knob work with mediaportal?

Thanks

Hi, yes the volume control does work in MP. I used MCE LCD Replacement Plugin to get the front panel to work.

colincliff

Portal Member
September 27, 2005

JeromeF

Portal Pro
December 16, 2006
South West
Home Country
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes i meant the MCE compatible display plugin, sorry about that, was not thinking when i posted.

It does have a few issues, but it does sort of work. Was the best i could find so it is all i used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom