Emulator configurations (1 Viewer)

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
If anyone wants to hide the Comand Prompt window when running the .bat file (in my case for PC games),
I found a free program, that converts .bat to .exe: click

Btw, thanks for the nice configuration guide, I was totally lost :D

Have you by any chance managed to find a way of closing the comand prompt after you exit the game so mediaportal returns from suspend mode?

i still have to click the X to close the window before mediaportal returns

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
It closes automatically for me. It runs and closes in a second, before launching the game.
Converting to .exe just hides that annoying popup.

I'm using this from the first page:

create a batch file called pc.bat with this code in it:

Code: %*

I'm sure you can find the command for closing the .bat after it's finished via google.

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
It closes automatically for me. It runs and closes in a second, before launching the game.
Converting to .exe just hides that annoying popup.

I'm using this from the first page:

create a batch file called pc.bat with this code in it:

Code: %*

I'm sure you can find the command for closing the .bat after it's finished via google.

yeah im doing the same now... but when you launch a game and the window disapears media portal will be running in the background of the game potentially taking up resources which as we know in gaming are essential.

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
For more hardware demanding games I close MediaPortal process with a .bat file, which is maped to a remote button
via Eventghost and set to hidden:

TASKKILL /F /IM "MediaPortal.exe"

This is also usefull when MediaPortal freezes, you just push a button to kill the process.

Injected

Portal Pro
October 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Emulator configurations

Can somebody create a new Thread like this with updated configurations?

btw, which parameter is need to get project64 correctly working?

gamingexpert

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
did you try the settings from the faq? (i think these are still in there...):

Project 64:
Uncheck the option "Use quotes in paths".

ePSXe:
The Arguments to emulator has to include these switches
at the end (including a space after)
-nogui -loadbin
So it would look like this:
"-nogui -loadbin "
(minus the quotes).

Gens:
If you have problems with the GENS emulator starting
windowed after closing with alt+f4, you could either
try Gens+ (Gens Plus):
The Emulator Zone - Gens Plus!

or in the gens.cfg file try changing Full Screen=0 to
Full Screen=1. If it still starts windowed, also set
gens.cfg to Read-only (this prevents preferences from
changing).

Other:
To pass argments to the emulator, just add them in the
Arguments to Emulator field, ie -switch1.

To have switches after the executable, add the widcard
%ROM% where the path is to be inserted, ie
-switch1 %ROM% -switch2.

When a game is launched from the list, the wildcard
will be replaced by the correct game file. If no %ROM%
is defined, the path to the game file will be inserted
at the end.

You can also set .bat files as emulators if that helps.

catcher39

Portal Member
August 8, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey everyone love the plugin but i noticed that all the emulators except mame suffer from one problem and that is getting them to use the second display as fullscreen device instead of the first, mame has the option built in. the reason i want to do this is because i have a crt tv connected as my second display which i get mediaportal to use and everything works as it should, but as soon as i try running an emulator the window opens up on my monitor instead and because my tv is not an lcd i cant just swap them over in the nvidia config and make the tv the default device as the resolution will only go up to 1024x768. if there is no way of forcing the emulators to open up on the second display is there any chance you could incorporate an option to swap displays over while the emu is running then swap back after exiting.
so that display 2 would become the main display and display 1 the second device, that way it would save alot of hastle or is that not possible?. i've tried programs like ultramon, Actual Multiple Monitors etc but as soon as you switch the emu to fullscreen it defaults back to display 1.

djLyli

Portal Pro
June 3, 2010
Opole Lub.
Home Country
Poland Poland
I have a problem with Project64 ver.1.7 when trying to load rom error pops up. Previously, I had ver.1.6 and there was no problem.

The same answer to the problem in the options, select the emulator "Use quotes in paths: YES" and everything works as it should.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: Re: Emulator configurations

Hey everyone love the plugin but i noticed that all the emulators except mame suffer from one problem and that is getting them to use the second display as fullscreen device instead of the first, .

Thats not possible... i also tried ultramoon etc for Pc-games and emulators and the only thing that kind of works is to deactivate the first Monitor and have only one Display (your Tv)

With win 7 its easy: Press win+p and select the right (only projector or something ) this is also possible with a batch...

catcher39

Portal Member
August 8, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've actually managed to sort out the dual monitor problem to a degree, i found this software 12noon :: Display Changer which lets you change/delete/add monitors you can even swap the primary and secondary through batch files on the fly, run the game/emulator then swap them back afterwards its amazing just what i was looking for and not only that its completely free, it works on nvidia cards but i dont know about amd/ati as i dont have one to test it on but it should be fine, the author has even put the examples on how to swap/add etc on the website. let me know how you get on with it if you try the program out.

all i did to make it work without having to copy the dccmd file into every game/emulator directory was to copy the file into the windows directory, if that doesnt work try the system or system32 directory instead.

this is my batch file to swap primary, run aliens vs predator then swap them back again, it just messes up the icons but i'm not to bothered about that atm.

dccmd.exe -monitor="\\.\DISPLAY1" -more -primary

dccmd.exe -monitor="\\.\DISPLAY2" -apply -secondary -lx=-1680 -ty=0

cd /D "d:\aliens vs predator"
start "d:\aliens vs predator\" AvP_Launcher.exe /wait

dccmd.exe -monitor="\\.\DISPLAY2" -more -primary

dccmd.exe -monitor="\\.\DISPLAY1" -apply -secondary -lx=1680 -ty=0

the /D after cd lets you change drives and directories all in one command. the start and /wait commands makes the computer run the program and then wait until its finished before it carry's on with the rest of the batch file.

just create your own bat file. and point mp to that instead of the game exe.

have fun.

btw make sure you download the right version for you windows either x86 / x64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom