Emulators 2 - BETA - 19/08/12 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for the hiatus in development, I haven't forgotten about this plugin just struggling to find the time. I can hopefully get a bit of work done in the next few days and see about getting a stable release out :)

Thanks @legnod for keeping 'em happy in my absence ;)

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :) Looking forward to it.
    Thank you for making time to further develop this great plugin.
    As me, there are a lot of folks appreciating what you are doing for this great community.
    Big thanks !

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your great work on My Emulators, here is some suggetions for the next version

Some small bugs
    1. When you scrape games it now restricts results to the system selected, doesn't work on cover scraping
    2. Gamefaqs it only scrapes thumbnails, not the big pictures (front, title and snapshot)
    3. Gamefaqs doesn't scrape back cover

New Features
    Add more platforms moby has about 50 new platforms
    Local scraper for screenshots, videos, atwork...
    Search game by name
    Update game artwork on all games on one platform
    Special MAME view for marqees and cabinets

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks, I've fixed gamefaq's image scraping in the next version. When do you get problems with images for the wrong platform? Using the Importer or the thumb downloader? Specific scraper?

I will add an emulator option and skin property to specify whether it's an arcade system in the next version - this should allow a skin to show a simple alternate view. It really needs it's own set of thumbs but I'm intending to re-work the image handling at some point to allow for multiple images, etc anyway so you'll have to wait for a future release for that and the other new features ;)

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks, found some time to test the image scraping problems.

My settings are: Scrapers 1. mobygames.com, 2.thegamesdb.nst, 3.gamefaqs.com. Cover and Screens scraper = mobygames.com, Fanart = thegamesdb.com.

I tried scraping Gameboy Advance platform, the games were scraped as Gameboy Advance and it matched the different games to the three sites above.
    After checking, it doesn't match the platform for cover scraping on thegamesdb.com and gamefaqs.com matched games.

I also checked with the manual thumb downloader and there it seems to work.

Also noticed a problem on games matched on mobygames and mobygames has no cover, then it doesn't try to get it from gamefaqs or thegamesdb that has the cover.

Hope it helps you to solve the problem

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks, I'd already fixed the wrong platform problem which is why I wasn't seeing it. The (not) image scraping is currently by design - the plugin only tries to get thumbs from the specified thumb scraper or the scraper that provided the initial match if that fails. I'll see what the performance is like with thorough thumb searching probably won't make it into the upcoming release though as I'm getting close :)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    New version now released :) , new thread started here.

This thread is now closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom