"Enter" no longer reliably adds a recording from TV Guide (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    cool!
    Blessed be the patient ones...
    [2021-03-26 17:40:02,606] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - TVProgammInfo_OnRecordProgram Channel=null
    This shoudn't be happening, but at least I have a start at diagnosing

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After investigating a bit, I can't think of any reason that the channel would be null
    I do see some other patches for this case but I'm a bit hesitant to just copy and paste this (MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1) without understanding the underlying cause.
    Do you also sometimes have issues with playback by any chance?
    Also, do you happen to know if there's any correlation with having "TvService seems to be already starting up. Cannot open TVService service on computer '.'." in the mediaportal.log?
    Does restarting mediaportal help?
    Do you easily know if the recording is missed? I can add a warning dialog if the channel=null, so it might be easier to diagnose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I will explicitly test this issue until wednesday then, and let you know in case it happens again.
    I will explicitly test this issue until wednesday then, and let you know in case it happens again.
    MediaPortal Version: 1.12.0 Description Hi all, MP 1.12 is installed. Using Titanius Skin. This happens sometimes: Open the TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Good evening Vasilich, I have always uses EVR but for testing purpouse I used VMR9 so the logs ar for that reason. I don't really use My videos pugins, only for testing as rochess suggest, but I fixed that issue on corrupt database a week ago but that is the database for MyVideos plugin not MovinPictures (that actually uses...
    Good evening Vasilich, I have always uses EVR but for testing purpouse I used VMR9 so the logs ar for that reason. I don't really...
    Good Morning, My Mediaportal Crash when playing some avi files and I need to force close by Alt+F4 to recover control of the...
    Replies
    Views
    Just the server or server and clients? Edit: Disabling server IPv6 dropped it down to about 3 seconds...I think that is sufficient. So there's only two one zero outstanding issues now: 1) TV still has no audio. Configurator -> Codecs and renderers -> TV Codecs -> MPEG / AC3 Audio select LAV, click on box to the left -> Formats tab...
    Just the server or server and clients? Edit: Disabling server IPv6 dropped it down to about 3 seconds...I think that is...
    The problems I have noticed: 1) Attempting to schedule a radio recording, Quick Record and Advanced Record do nothing when clicked...
    Replies
    Views
    Do I even need this? just reading up it looks like it's an apple service, I don't have any apple devices. Can I just delete the plugin or does MPExtended need it?
    Do I even need this? just reading up it looks like it's an apple service, I don't have any apple devices. Can I just delete the...
    I'm having an issue where Mediaportal will crash at the end of a track, I can play one, entire mp3 before this occurs. I can then...
    Replies
    Views
    kiwijunglist, Thanks for responding but no, the recording + timeshifting directories were still correct. I even clicked the "make all tuners use the same directory" button and it still didn't work. I ended up reinstalling the server and that fixed it. That is a painful process. It's been too long since I setup 1.2.3. Figuring...
    kiwijunglist, Thanks for responding but no, the recording + timeshifting directories were still correct. I even clicked the "make...
    I'm getting the following error messages when I try to schedule a new recording with "Quick Record" or "Advanced Record" in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom