Entering Video stopping tv or crashing Mediaportal

Discussion in 'General Support' started by rich76, January 29, 2015.

1. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I have started to experience MP stopping live tv or crashing MP whenever I enter the videos section of MP while TV is playing.

I can enter Moving pictures and tv series and all other plugins with no issues while playing live tv.

I have logs attached which show me starting up MP then starting live tv then going back to home and entering videos, this caused live tv to stop playing in the background.
    I then when back to home and restarted tv and when back to home and when I entered videos the 2nd time MP crashed to desktop.

Anymore info you need just ask :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
  4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello,

Can you please stop MePo, then start it (you are using 1.9, right?) from Windows Startmenu using the option "Mediaportal debug" (it's called something like this...)?

This way all non-standard plugins will be deactivated. Reproduce what you did to generate the above-mentioned error. If MePo crashes again, upload the zip that will be generated on the desktop. If no error occurs, the problem is related to one of your plugins.

5. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Yes I am using 1.9 custom grabber version and the logs attached are from the watchdog using option 1 so all plugins are disabled.
    I reproduced the problem and attached the logs, after it crashed to desktop.

Thanks for the tips though

6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    OK, now that you say it, I realize myself that only whitelist plugins had been loaded.:oops:

Back to your issue: Not exactly sure what is causing the problem. Reading the log one can see that upon starting MePo reads four named entries:
    Code (Text):
    1. [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - GetFolderSetting: D:\Videos found.
    2. [Log    ] [GetMediaInfoThread 1] [DEBUG] - GetMediaInfoThread: current folder: D:\Videos, itemlist count: 4
    3. [Log    ] [GetMediaInfoThread 1] [DEBUG] - GetMediaInfoThread: Work on D:\Videos\David Guetta.iso
    4. [Log    ] [GetMediaInfoThread 1] [DEBUG] - GetMediaInfoThread: Work on D:\Videos\Live Forest Green v Bristol Rovers - BT Sport 1 HD - 2014-08-25.iso
    5. [Log    ] [GetMediaInfoThread 1] [DEBUG] - GetMediaInfoThread: Work on D:\Videos\Music DVD.iso
    6. [Log  ] [GetMediaInfoThread 1] [DEBUG] - GetMediaInfoThread: Finished.
    and terminates this part correctly. All looks good

I tried to reproduce here and everything works ok.

Check the database: stop MePo, rename VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and let MePo generate a new one.

7. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Already tried that in case of database corruption. The logs attached are with a new database created. I'm confused too coz if I stop TV 1st I don't get any crashes. My clients don't have the problem just my server.

8. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    So the crash is only occuring on a singleseat installation? I only have clients + server here and can't test this scenario.

9. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Yes only crashing on the single seat, the clients all work with accessing the same video share but crashes on the single seat.
    If I stop TV before entering videos then no crash but leaving TV running and entering videos either just stops tv playing or MP crashes to desktop.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

10. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Weird. There is not even a point in posting a bug report since the latest version is now 1.10 and there won't be much attention given to 1.9 anymore.

11. rich76

rich76 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I'm sure its something specific to my PC but not sure what. Maybe 1 day I will try a fresh install as that will probably cure it but for now I think I will try and remember to stop TV each time.

Hopefully someone else can spot something in the logs to save hours of re installing :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!