EPG Arrows Wrong (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP 1.9.0 pre, on 32-bit Vista. I have attached two screen shots of the EPG.

In the first screen shot, look at the EPG cell which has the focus ("Sunday Morning Live"). The programme info says that it starts at 10.00 and ends at 11.00. So the EPG cell for that programme is entirely on screen, and as a consequence the left and right edges of the EPG cell are straight (i.e. correct).

Now look at the programme that follows "Sunday Morning Live". From the EPG grid, that programme ("Bargain Hunt") starts at 11.00 and presumably ends some time after 12.00, because there is an arrow at the right edge of the EPG cell.

Screen shot 2 shows the EPG scrolled by 30 minutes, so that the EPG cell for "Bargain Hunt" resides in the middle of the screen (and has the focus). From the programme description we now see that "Bargain Hunt" in fact ends at 12.00, and this is confirmed by the right edge of the EPG cell being straight (i.e. not an arrow).

So I think that there is an error in the logic that decides whether to put an arrow at the right side of the EPG grid. Notice in screen shot 2 that an arrow has now been added at the left side of the EPG cell for "Sunday Morning Live", as the start time for that programme is now off the left side of the EPG grid.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• epg_arrow_incorrect_1.jpg
      epg_arrow_incorrect_1.jpg
      106 KB
    • epg_arrow_incorrect_2.jpg
      epg_arrow_incorrect_2.jpg
      105.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I guess you are right about this, but it is pretty trivial. I will add it to the list to look at at some point.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I guess you are right about this, but it is pretty trivial. I will add it to the list to look at at some point.
    Thank you. I agree that it is not a show-stopper problem, but it is a defect in the user interface, and hopefully will be fixed sometime.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Thank you. I agree that it is not a show-stopper problem, but it is a defect in the user interface, and hopefully will be fixed sometime.

Please bear in mind that MP is coded by volunteers. Anyone reading this who would like to dig into the code and work it out is welcome to do so and to submit a patch.

Best guess - there is a < that should be a <=

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom