Tools and other software EPG-Buddy 0.3.2.9 Channel Grabs (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Lehmden
    I have spent a few hours testing and going over the results of the latest version of EPG-Buddy 0.3.2.9
    As a result of my testing, I have discovered that following the instructions for grabbing ATCS, U.S.A. TVGuide data, there is a difference between the Channels found after putting in your User ID and Password vers the channels grabbed at the First Grab EPG Now in Schedule.

I created a spreadsheet to keep track of each channel discovered at each stage, and the associated xml files written.

14 Channels are missing after the 1st Grab EPG Now But 1 new channel is discovered during this Grab.
    At the same time, during the original channel discovery, 8 json files are saved to the EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.EPG\TVGuide directory and all appear to be associated to WBBM HDTV channel.

After each Grab EPG now I checked the EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.EPG\TVGuide directory for new xml files for each channel.

The removal of the channels between the First discovery and the First Grab EPG now, throws the channel matching off and at times, making matching imposable.

The Good News is that there does not appear to be any more changes to the channels after the 1st Grab EPG now (that removes the 14 channels) and any other Grab EPG now.

I am including the following attachments
    Channels Spreadsheet - 3 different formats
    Database Files - One of the First Channel Discovery and One of the First Grab
    Channel Grab No Scan EPG-Grabber log showing the channels discovered before a first Grab EPG now.

Attachments

• Channels Spreadsheet.zip
      20.8 KB
    • Database Files.zip
      59.4 KB
    • Channel Grab json files.zip
      356 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I need a bit more time to investigate. It looks as if the tvguide.com website did not deliver the same data on every request, also it should do so. The number of channels given back varies a lot. We first need to know why this is the case before we can try to fix this...
    A question related to this, please. Are there any channels broadcasting one or a few days per week only? To make download times as fast as possible we only grab the channels for one day. TVGuide.com dd not deliver a pure channel list at all, so we need to grab full EPG data to get the channel list needed for EPG-Buddy to work. If we would grab data for a whole week this will delay the start of the program a lot (to several minutes) that is not really wanted...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Are there any channels broadcasting one or a few days per week only?
    I do not know... I can tell you I only grab / use English channels and of them, they are all 24/7 that I know of.

To make download times as fast as possible we only grab the channels for one day.
    Then finding / scheduling shows in the future would not work.
    I Normally do 7 days... Seems to work well for me, but I know there are a lot of people with much larger channel selections.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I don't know if this will help but I reran the Channel grab from the latest WebGrab+Plus application.
    Here are the files and it seemed to have grabbed everything

Note: anything with just a Major # and no Minor # is an Analog channel and I normally filter them

Attachments

• guide.xml
      384 bytes
    • tvguide.com.channels.xml
      15.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom