Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (5 Viewers)

sandiego1001

Portal Member
January 24, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sort of related question to the last post, Win 10 decided to remove EPG Buddy executable recently (vielen Dank Herr Gates) so I took the opportunity to download the latest version and found Mr. Gates' wonderful software won't let me. How do I get the file past the damned security measure?
I also tried reinstalling the existing version I had, again Mr. Gates rescued me from utter end of the world disaster by preventing the install AND deleting the installer exe. So now I have no EPG Buddy to run nor install.
Any help greatly appreciated ....
And no, I'm no fan of Billy Gate's OS .....

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
Had the same problem when trying to download.
In Edge, start download it will refuse as virus, click the 3 dots on the address bar, click downloads, you will see the download click retry and there will be an option to download anyway.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
In Windows defender apps & Browser control will need an exception also.

Log with debug below

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy_ Logfiles_01_19_2021-00_53_02.7z
    44 KB
Last edited:

NthrnNYker

January 25, 2021
Home Country
Hi.
Thanks for reporting. It looks as if something has changed on tvguide.com (again)... We need to investigate what's going on. Please be patient.

Yea, having similar issues here...... not locking up, but spewing forth multiple error messages.

I have EPG Buddy v. 0.5.0.8 and it has performed flawlessly for almost 3 years downloading and merging (my own homebrew setup) the data from three different TVguide accounts.

I have an 8 day download period, and the lack of EPG data commenced this morning --- which means my setup stopped downloading EPG data from TVguide.com last Friday or Saturday.

Hope you can figure out the issue soon.

Last edited:

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
December 4, 2014
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have downloaded and installed this tool yesterday. I started the tool and configured it up to the Rytec configuration.
I read somewhere that that may take a long time, but after waiting the whole night, the region selection box is still empty.
Am I missing something, or is it a problem elsewhere?

TIA,

Bart

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I read somewhere that that may take a long time, but after waiting the whole night, the region selection box is still empty.
    Most often you need to restart the tool before the regions are visible... Aside this you need to use the latest version as there are some changes in getting the online data.
    You also can try those attached files (simply replace the existing ones in EPG-Buddy directory.

We are working on a new version which should fix the TVGuide.com issue and also probably some other issues. Aside this the source for online comparing will be changed from TVDB to TMDB as TVDB will change into a payed service soon... So there is a lot of work to do. Please be patient, thanks.

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
    December 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks! Now I got the region list and I am waiting for the channel select list. I assume that has to come from Rytec?

Bart

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to restart the tool again after selecting the regions as channels are only refreshed during the start of the program (due to traffic reasons). Once done the channel list should be filled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom