Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have not that good news for all tvguide.com users... Tvguide.com has changed their services completely. You even can not login from outside the website any more (that's where the error came from). And it's not possible to load a lineup any longer. EPG-Buddy needs to load every single channel separately and needs a zipcode for finding the proper ones.. This will take much longer than before (about 100 times slower) and needs a total rework of the grabber. The grabber needs to do similar things than WebGrab... This rework will last some month, I fear... How many people are really using tvguide.com? Maybe it's not worth all the effort.

Maybe we should look for another data source. Any suggestions? It should be fast, free and reliable...

Member007

January 31, 2021
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi.
    I have not that good news for all tvguide.com users... Tvguide.com has changed their services completely. You even can not login from outside the website any more (that's where the error came from). And it's not possible to load a lineup any longer. EPG-Buddy needs to load every single channel separately and needs a zipcode for finding the proper ones.. This will take much longer than before (about 100 times slower) and needs a total rework of the grabber. The grabber needs to do similar things than WebGrab... This rework will last some month, I fear... How many people are really using tvguide.com? Maybe it's not worth all the effort.

Maybe we should look for another data source. Any suggestions? It should be fast, free and reliable...
    Well, TVguide.com is most accurate epg, and I can tell you many people are stack and waiting for the solution. Alternative and probably fastest solution is tvhebdo.com. No reqistration required. I mean tvguide.com is the best so if it is worthed. I am pulling epg in json format from one site.
    Is there any good json to xmltv converter available?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there any good json to xmltv converter available?
    EPG-Buddy does various json 2 xmltv conversations (e.g. for TVSpielfilm). If you can name your data source we probably can incorporate this into EPG-Buddy.

tvhebdo.com
    tvhebdo.com sadly is not reachable from the EU so we are not able to develop something here...

NthrnNYker

January 25, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    We will have a closer look, thanks. At first glance Zap2It looks pretty similar to tvguide.com...

I see schedules direct is now a paid service ----- how about titan tv ?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    There used to be a Zap2it plugin, its in the plugin graveyard
    I used it when i first started using MP but it was abandoned, I believe because it turned to a paid service as I recall.
    However it was a long time ago so I'm not sure for the reason.

tarrow

Portal Member
    March 14, 2020
    Home Country
    TITANTV.COM or ZAP2IT.COM. They are my primary and backup sites for checking 'what's on today' via my browser.

With MP 2.3.2 now having no guide info, I resurrected an ancient Hauppauge 2250, connected it to my OTA antenna, and upgraded WINTV to version 10. Much to my surprise I was still able to schedule recordings via the browser based interface to TITANTV.COM. WINTV 10 now also has an internal schedule option that scans each broadcast channel for the limited guide info that is included in broadcast signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom