Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (7 Viewers)

NthrnNYker

January 25, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Could you try tvtv.ca? It does not ask for registration.

Huh.... it also has USA listings ---- from many providers from almost all regions.... how cool is that.

if there is no registration, one would wonder how one would download two or three different regions and then combine them.

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
I switched back to Schedules Direct for now (was using it with Argus before EPG-Buddy & TVGuide).

Schedules Direct JSON > mc2xml > EPG-Buddy > MP

tarrow

Portal Member
March 14, 2020
Home Country
I may try Schedules Direct JSON > mc2xml > EPG-Buddy > MP as a temporary measure. Is there a writeup on setting it up any where?

I am temporarily using wintv 10 and its just not as full function as MP2.

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
I may try Schedules Direct JSON > mc2xml > EPG-Buddy > MP as a temporary measure. Is there a writeup on setting it up any where?

I set it up from memory, and had never used it with EPG-Buddy before. I can try to put something together tonight if I find the time.

As always, mapping guide > channels is time consuming but works. Schedules Direct supplies multiple names for each channel, so the list to map from is 4x as long which makes things slow.

Note that you could technically go Schedules Direct JSON > mc2xml > MP, but I don't know how much EPG-Buddy's TVDB functionality is supplementing the guide data, so I left it in line. The Schedules Direct JSON service seems to natively contain a lot of detail that their older DD service did not.

NthrnNYker

January 25, 2021
Home Country

I am temporarily using wintv 10 and its just not as full function as MP2.

Well, it really can't be 'temporary' --- they charge a yearly subscription of $25 for their service.

I DO have a question about the service, if anyone might have a response.

I live in the backwoods of the Adirondack mountains of Northern NY --- I get some of my OTA channels from Albany NY, some from Plattsburg, NY as well as a number of channels across the border in Vermont --- which are three entirely separate market regions (I have my antenna sitting atop a 75-foot tower w/ a rotator -- I repurposed an old ham radio tower the previous property owners left behind).

My question being --- will Schedules Direct allow me to download the guide to a variety of different markets (combining them using EPG-Buddy) for the same price ?

(That's what I was doing with TVGuide.com --- downloading the three different markets using different emails & login data and them combining them with EPG buddy -- cherry-picking the channels I could receive from all three marketing regions)

I can't see spending $25/yr for each different marketing region for a total of $75/yr just for a EPG guide for the OTA channels I receive.

Last edited:

HtownWMC

Portal Member
December 13, 2015
Home Country
I like in the US so I've been using the TVGuide setting to pull my EPG data ever since I started using EPG Buddy. I'm happy to use something else if it's too much work to fix TVGuide, but I'll almost certainly need help setting it up. Is there any update on possibly transitioning to Zap2it or TitanTV?

My current workaround is manually starting and stopping a recording of live TV since I do not have any EPG Data, which is obviously not ideal, but I'd rather not pay $25/yr for Schedules Direct. Does anyone know how to schedule a MediaPortal recording by times instead of EPG data?

tarrow

Portal Member
March 14, 2020
Home Country
using the WMC skin: MP2/TV/SCHEDULES/NEW MANUAL SCHEDULE then select channel and start and stop times.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There are changes on the TVSpielfilm API. An easy to fix thing.
    Simply replace the file in the EPG-Buddy folder with the attached one and it will work again.

Attachments

• EPG-Grabber_0.151.042.zip
      242.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom