Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (2 Viewers)

tarrow

Portal Member
March 14, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For temporary guide data I am working thru this writeup using zap2it:

Channels need to be remapped in XMLTV plugin. I also had to set time compensation back to 0 to get proper local times in the MP2 guide.
Next will be creating scheduled task for mc2xml.bat file. After that will pass the xml file thru EPG-Buddy to see what it adds to MP2 guide data.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure what has happened but the EPG on my desktop PC with MP2 was empty, tried doing a manual grab and import which seemed to work OK but no change. I saved the entire EPG Buddy folder and did an uninstall and re-install then copied the contents of the old folder back and grabbed again but still no change. Uninstalled again and attempted to do a fresh setup but ran into a problem in the EPG data settings, I am not seeing channels offered, normally I use TVSpielfilm but there is also nothing for any of the other providers, see attached screenshot.
    As far as I can tell everthing is working OK on my MP1 HTPC, so no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    Help

epg.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There was a change on TVSpielfilm. For this epg-grabber.exe has to be changed. You need to replace this exe. The new exe can be found 3 posts above...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There was a change on TVSpielfilm. For this epg-grabber.exe has to be changed. You need to replace this exe. The new exe can be found 3 posts above...
    Super that fixed it, also the MP1 HTPC (just noticed all the genres had gone wrong). Sorry I missed the post, it was a the previous page.:oops:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a new version 0.7.1.4 available for download (link is in first post, as always). Sadly there still is no solution for tvguide.com
    But as a provisionally solution you can use WebGrab+Plus instead. We found an oder version that still is working without paying and licensing. So we downgraded WebGrab inside EPG-Buddy to make it usable for all again. We don't know how long this will last, but for now it is working.

The other big change is, we now use TheMovieDatabase instead of TheTVDB as source to compare data entries with to get season and episodes numbers. As TVDB announced to shutdown their free API in first quarter of 2021 we thought it is better to change before the shutdown.
    Aside this there are some fixes and changes related to different data sources especially for TVSpielfilm.

The upgrade will be a bit different as normal because of the WebGrab downgrade. You best uninstall EPG-Buddy before installing the new version. Then have a look inside the remaining installation folder and remove everything related to webgrab. Especially the WebGrab- subfolder and, if still existing the WebGrab+Plus.exe must be deleted. The installer checks for versions of files to replace and only updates newer versions. That's why you need to remove the WebGrab stuff before installing the new version (with older Webgrab).

If you already have purchased a WebGrab V3 licence you best use it as external XML Source. Direct support for WebGrab V3xx and above won't come back into EPG-Buddy...

HtownWMC

Portal Member
    December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    @Lehmden I'm having trouble setting up WebGrab+Plus. I followed the mapping instructions on Page 1, but when I run the grabber the attached .docx file is the Command Prompt output which doesn't seem to be yielding anything useful. I am in the US so zap2it.com is the website I felt would be best. It does not appear to list the broadcast TV station codes for Houston, but the primetime shows I'm trying to record shouldn't be different nationwide so I opted to pull other affiliates like KTVT and relabel it in my xml as KHOU-DT, screenshots attached. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• ArrayDisplay.PNG
      ArrayDisplay.PNG
      17 KB
    • EPG Data - WebGrab+Plus.PNG
      EPG Data - WebGrab+Plus.PNG
      236 KB
    • Web Grab Command Prompt.docx
      13.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There seems to be a debugging remaining that shows the Array. I thought I had removed all, but it seems as if I have overlooked one, sorry. You simply can close this window and EPG-Buddy will continue to work normal. Tomorrow I will release a fixed version...

As told, this version of WebGrab is very old so probably the siteini for zap2it needs an update. "no shows in indexpage!" is a good indicator for that.
    I don't believe this updated siteini file will work with that old version of Webgrab. You most likely need to find a different site to grab from that still is working with the old version of WebGrab.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As promised there is a new version 0.7.1.5 available for download. Excerpt for the debugging window (that did no longer appear) everything is the same as in 0.7.1.4...

TBacker

Portal Member
    June 23, 2011
    Home Country
    I just moved my backend server to a different machine (and from Windows 7 to Windows 10).

I have installed and configured EPG-Buddy 0.7.1.8 and remapped everything. My setup is Schedules Direct > mc2xml > EPG download folder > EPG-Buddy global XML source > EPG-Buddy scheduled processing > xml in EPG Processed folder. This is pretty much identical to how I had it on the old machine and it was working, at least last time I checked.

Running the grab is crashing part way through. The source XML does not look malformed, so I'm not sure what is going on. Grabber crashes with:

Code:
    [44.74%]  Get informations about the show: 'Pawn Stars'

Unhandled Exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value {null} to type 'System.Int32'. Path 'episodes[0].season_number', line 1, position 237. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Null object cannot be converted to a value type.
       at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
       at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize[T](JsonReader reader)
       at TMDbLib.Rest.RestResponse`1.<GetDataObject>d__2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.<GetTvSeasonAsync>d__212.MoveNext()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
       at EPG_Grabber.cTMDB.Get_TVSeason(String ID, Int32 intSeasonNumber, String strLanguage)
       at EPG_Grabber.cTMDB.GetTVShow(String ID, String strLanguage)
       at EPG_Grabber.cE2T.VerarbeiteXML(String strXML, List`1 Senderliste)
       at EPG_Grabber.mMain.Main()

I have been unsuccessful getting the last three versions of EPG-Buddy to completely and reliably process the xmltv.xml files that are coming from MC2XML. I don't know when this started happening. It may have been doing it lately on the old server as well and I just didn't see it.

I'll attach the source and the log.

Attachments

• xmltv.xml
      15.6 MB
    • EPG-Grabber.log
      1.1 MB
    Last edited:

TBacker

Portal Member
    June 23, 2011
    Home Country
    EDIT: The issue below was resolved by the MP developers and will be fine in 1.28 final. See this thread.

Just a heads up that MediaPortal 1.28 pre-release has an updated XML importer which is not happy when I feed it the output of any version of EPG-Buddy. I'm going to post this to the main support forum, but it throws this error when importing:

Code:
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing files in C:\!EPG\Processed\\tvguide.lst
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,378] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - xmltv import C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,487] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [ERROR] - XML tv import error loading C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml err:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
        at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
       at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean deleteBeforeImport, Boolean showProgress)
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: imported 0 channels, 0 programs status:C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml: Invalid XML file:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.;
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: waiting for database to finish inserting imported programs.
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv import done

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom