Tools and other software EPG-Buddy Questions (1 Viewer)

deamon_knight

Portal Member
November 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm rebuilding my HTPC system, thread link in my sig, and I'm trying to compare EPG buddy with Schedules Direct, which I have been using. Schedules direct does not have the correct schedule info for some of my local channels. I've worked around this by adding another broadcast lineup for another city that lists the same channel, and that has worked.

I'm trying to do the same thing in EPG buddy, using TVGuide.com as the source, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

I'm also having someother problems:
1.) In the EPG data module for TVguide.com I have "load series data from TVDB" checked, and "Never load series data from the TVDB" is NOT checked in the Global Settings section, but I'm not seeing episode number info in the EPG. How can I figure out whats going on?

2.) I'm trying to use some sources from WebGrab+Plus, specifically tunein.com, but when I try to "show" the website selection in the EPG Data module I get an error: "Line 17838 C:\epgbuddy\epg-buddy.exe Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable" ? What can I do about this?

3.) I don't think EPG buddy is running automaticaly to pull updated EPG data.

I'm using EPG-buddy 04.2.6

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    How can I figure out whats going on?
    You may have a look into the resulting xml file. If some (not all!!!) of the programs have a tag like:
    XML:
        <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">6.8.</episode-num>
    (with different numbers inside the xml tag) then EPG-Buddy has done it's job correctly. In MediaPortal (1 and 2) client you need to activate season and episodes numbers to be shown. But as you are using Kodi as client, I don't know how this is done there. But I'm pretty sure even in Kodi it is somehow configurable but this is something you need to ask in Kodi forum...

I don't think EPG buddy is running automaticaly to pull updated EPG data.
    You may have a look at windows task scheduler. There has to be an entry similar to this:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Sorry, but I don't have access to an English Windows system, so screenshot is in German.. But you may find it nevertheless, I hope...
    If this entry is not existing you may have forgotten to add a schedule (from inside EPG-Buddy, tab "Schedule") or you didn't grant admin rights when asked

In Windows 10 you need to grant admin rights for adding a schedule so you need to grant them when asked... If this did not work from inside EPG-Buddy on your system you still can add this schedule manually. You need to run the task "Grab-EPG.exe" from inside the EPG-Buddy installation folder ( normally C:\Program files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\ ) without any further options at the day/time you want to grab your EPG-Data.

What can I do about this?
    This won't work at all, I fear, because the tunein.com script is a local FM radio only EPG source for Spain, Europe and EPG-Buddy only is done for TV EPG. And I don't think this will change in near future as FM radio very rarely is used at home nowadays...
    Do you receive those FM channels via internet in the US?

deamon_knight

Portal Member
    November 11, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks Lehmden, I'll check this out. Since Tunein.com listed my local channels in the US, I didn't know it only pulled data for Europe. FM radio is nice if your internet is spotty, and I have internet radio stations, but they don't integrate into my EPG in MediaPortal/Kodi the way FM stations do. Or if there is a way, I don't know how to set it up.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I didn't know it only pulled data for Europe.
    I also didn't know that before I had a look inside the "tunein.com.channels.xml" file. In WebGrab *.channels.xml files all channels listed that WebGrab can download data from. In "tunein.com.channels.xml" there are 14 FM stations from Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Ibiza, Gran Canaria, and Tenerife listed like in this example:
    XML:
    <channel update="i" site="tunein.com" site_id="143902" xmltv_id="Hit FM, 93.3 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria">Hit FM, 93.3 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria</channel>

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and I have internet radio stations, but they don't integrate into my EPG in MediaPortal/Kodi the way FM stations do.
    You can add internet channels with the virtual "RadioWebStream" tuner inside the TV- config tool.
    How to do so can be read in our wiki:
    Radio WebStreams

It depends on the station, if you can use it this way but it's worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom