EPG (DVBT) showing o data availible' on all channels (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The above is a problem I had been having for some time with MP1.14. I was hoping that an upgrade to 1.16 would fix it but alas not. The above error message "NO DATA AVAILIBLE" is shown on all channels

My EPG page setup is below as well as log files. I have watched TV for -10 mins in order to 'give' the EPG time to populate, but nothing. Any ideas? It just stopped working one day..

DVB epg1.JPG DVB epg2.JPG

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Azzuro - You are fast!

'EPG Grabbing while timeshifting' has been checked...after 15 minutes I have EPG for 3 of the 70-odd channels (this EPG data could have been there before checking 'grab while timeshifting' in fairness)

From memory EPG grabbing is fast...just a few minutes for all channels?...I could be wrong....what do you think might be causing this?

I have good signal quality & strength on all channels.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    You can't grab all channel and watch only one.
    At least it's what i think.
    You can only if you have at least 2 identical tuners.
    But 15 min for 3 channel is too long!
    You can try to "always update existing entries"

Perso i uncheck epg grabbing during idle.
    Try to select all language in second screen.

Envoyé de mon P01MA en utilisant Tapatalk

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    BINGO! She's working!

The only change I made, based on the step-by-step instructions given above, was to UNCHECK all channels except for 1 SD channel (BBC one, as suggested). This change made the EPG populate. It took about 5 minutes.

I can only assume that having all channels checked causes the EPG population to stall/fall over....

Thanks once again everyone, I am just off to donate...

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Just to add to this after some fiddling about (not the love thing that is!)...

I can select a single HD channel and the EPG will populate (the step-by-step linked to above seems to be specific about selecting an SD)

The EPG seems to sit there doing nothing for 4-6 minutes or so then BAM..it populates very quickly, going from 'no data available' to every station having data in about 90 seconds, so waiting is key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom