EPG grab prevents idle system goes into S3 standby (1 Viewer)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For months I'm struggling with this issue.
    Whenever EPG is grabbed from my Digital Devices Cine s2 v6 card the system will not go into S3 standby when idle.
    I checked this with MCE standby tool
    "Powercfg -requests" tells me it is "Legacy Kernel Caller" which prevents system standby.
    "Powercfg -requestsoverride Driver "Legacy Kernel Caller" System" will not let me disable this wakeup trigger manually.
    I also made a youtube showing the MCE standby tool output when grabbing EPG. You can clearly see the realation.
    So I opened a ticket at Digital Devices Support where I was told that this was completely normal behaviour. Because who would want the system go into S3 when viewing a stream! Right, they never would have thought that someone might want to update their EPG with a much lower priority! And thus let the system go into standby after a while even when grabbing EPG.

Now, my question. Are there any cards on the market which let the system go into standby even when the card is in use? And just let the viewing software decide to go into standby or not?
    There is a switch in mediaportal which indicates that there should be such a card, and that my card is just not one of those.
    I attached an image which explanes what I mean.
    Basically I want windows to let the system go into standby, even when the card is in use. Is it possible?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      85.3 KB
    Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you try the plugin Power Scheduler?
    Yes, I tried that in the past, but I had issues with it. I just don't really know anymore which issues these were :D
    I will switch it on for a few days and will see what happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom