EPG Grabber(s) SKY UK / 28.2E (1 Viewer)

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Howdy people,

I have been trying out the various tutorials here to configure my MP, but I am struggling to get the desired results.

As I understand things the (excellent) DJBlu / Miroslav custom grabbers are no longer being developed.

Can anyone help me find anything that comes close to this functionality?

I have manually sorted the channels I watch, so that is ok.

But on the EPG side:

The DVB EPG function works for a few channels
    XMLTV / WEBEPG - I found the configuration of these quick complex, but I didn't get the end result of a fully populated guide.

I have a digiguide.tv premium sub, and have tried the tutorial with XMLTV - but this also requires digiguide for windows and is quick long winded and manual.

Are there any better options out there? Happy to pay for a premium subscription for something that works better and more easily?

Thanks

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After experimenting with many different grabbers for several years now, I have finally settled on WebGrab+Plus (http://webgrabplus.com/).
    I think it is by far the most reliable grabber, well documented, easy to setup and excellent support from a pair of skilled and friendly developers.
    You certainly should give this one a try...

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Hi Willemx

Thanks very much. I did try to get webgrabplus working with Digiguide.TV, but I think the complex setup made me abort.

Could you tell me which provider(s) you use (RadioTimes etc)?

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1376826058][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and do you use anything special to manage your channels?

Thanks

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use several providers, depending on the countries of origin for the channels I use.
    For UK channels (BBC, ITV) I use "radiotimes.com.xmltv".
    I don't do anything special to manage channels.
    I have WebGrab+Plus configured to generate a file "tvguide.xml" every morning which is than imported by the XmlTv plugin from MediaPortals TvServer.

desidunda

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Howdy people,

I have been trying out the various tutorials here to configure my MP, but I am struggling to get the desired results.

As I understand things the (excellent) DJBlu / Miroslav custom grabbers are no longer being developed.

Can anyone help me find anything that comes close to this functionality?

I have manually sorted the channels I watch, so that is ok.

But on the EPG side:

The DVB EPG function works for a few channels
    XMLTV / WEBEPG - I found the configuration of these quick complex, but I didn't get the end result of a fully populated guide.

I have a digiguide.tv premium sub, and have tried the tutorial with XMLTV - but this also requires digiguide for windows and is quick long winded and manual.

Are there any better options out there? Happy to pay for a premium subscription for something that works better and more easily?

Thanks

DJBlue's grabber is well and alive he only stopped developing for the beta releases of MP I'm currently using MP 1.4 Final with his plugin and an updated plugin for MP 1.5 will be out in a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom