EPG help needed!! (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Finally getting there with MP.....but now have noticed that EPG info is only available for some channels.
ITV1/2 etc...but no BBC (I'm in the UK)
Any thoughts on what I might be doin' wrong...?

Thanks

(Oh....I'm using a TBS6922 DVB-S2 card)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    You have not said what you are using to retreive the epg data.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Don't understand the Q....:(

.....what can be used to retrieve the EPG data???

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    The is often an issue if you are using your tuner to pull epg data and it locks out your tuner from being available, most people disable tuner grabbing and enable webepg in tvserver plugins or use xmltv gui, restart the tv service to enable ur tuner again

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    if you are using your tuner to pull epg data and it locks out your tuner from being available
    no issues here. People sometimes having issues when using Idle EPG Grabber, but i haven't heard of problems when using timeshifting DVB EPG.
    so @tonewheelkev try to disable Idle epg grabber and report whether it helps or not

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    if you are using your tuner to pull epg data and it locks out your tuner from being available
    no issues here. People sometimes having issues when using Idle EPG Grabber, but i haven't heard of problems when using timeshifting DVB EPG.
    so @tonewheelkev try to disable Idle epg grabber and report whether it helps or not

That's what i was talking about apologies i should have mentioned the idle epg checkbox

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    So....enabled the web-epg plugin.....and after some tinkering...got it to grab lots of epg-info...hooray!!:)

Does this now mean that all other epg settings....outside web-epg...must now be diasabled....OR do they have some global function??

Thanks again!
    PS....Next thing is to get the remote (an NEC type...supplied with the TBS card) working. I have some ready made .cf files to use in Winlirc, but finding it hard to get even a start.....Event ghost is even more of an anathema to me....any pointers PLEASE!!!!....;)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom