EPG not correctly shown on client (1 Viewer)

leini_MP

Portal Member
June 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,

some days ago I changed my setup the first time after a couple of years from a All-In-One setup to a separate TV Server and a Client in the livingroom setup.

No I have a strange behaviour:
The TV Server (XP SP2) does what it should - it grabs the EPG data and everything else works.

The Client (WIN 7 64bit) doesn't show any EPG data in the program guide - but it shows the currently running program as upcoming broadcast in the mini TV Guide - very strange.

A test Client (Win Vista) I installed on a Laptop just for curiousity shows also everything correct in both - normal guide and mini guide.

What could help you now to find the rootcause for this strange behaviour on my livingroom HTPC with Win7 64bit or does someone already have an idea?

Thanks very much guys!

leini_MP

leini_MP

Portal Member
June 13, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I solved it:
The date on the livingroom client was set to something 2011.

Now everything works fine.

Sounds simple but I didn't see the current date in the task bar because of my TVs overscan. Windows reminded me to activate the WIN7 but refused it with an errorcode. The web helped me to find out that there is something wrong with the timestamp ...
After correcting this everything was working.

Thanks anyway for looking!

leini_MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Replies
Views
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
Replies
Views
I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
Replies
Views
I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:): TVC 6.4.8 Download (pctvsystems.com) My English translation: I didn't test it because I already switched to another TV card (so I found this piece of information to late) but maybe this can help others...
I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:)...
Hello Yesterday, I updated my computer running MediaPortal Client and TVServer (and also occasionally providing another laptop...
Replies
Views
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom