EPG timeshift advice needed please (1 Viewer)

steviewunda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2015
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi - I'm getting my EPG in MP 1.21.0 using EPGCollector to collect New Zealand Freeview MHEG5 data and combine it with IPTV data (via the Import tab in EPGCollector). The IPTV .xml file comes from an online epg provider, which I download daily, because I cannot find a way of importing it directly into Mediaportal as I can in Kodi. I then use the XMLTV plugin in MP to import the tvguide.xml into MP. This works, but the resulting guide in MP shows correct times for the NZ Freeview channels, and IPTV channels that are 13 hours out. Can someone suggest a way around this?

I think EPGCollector is changing the timecode of the IPTV channels when it imports the .xml from my provider - so maybe instead of performing the import in EPGCollector, I could use the tvguide.lst import function in the XMLTV plugin. Would that mean creating a text file named tvguide.lst with one line containing the address of the downloaded .xml? (eg C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\epgdownload.xml).

Or is there a way to use the time compensation function in the XMLTV plugin?
    Or maybe there is a way to import the online IPTV file directly, as in Kodi?
    Or maybe there is a plugin/extension I'm not aware of?

I look forward to your advice

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Or is there a way to use the time compensation function in the XMLTV plugin?
    If you're SW on the EPGCollector forum, then yes you need to tick the box to use the timezone info. From the wiki page (expand the quote):
    Apply timezone compensation when loading tvguide.xml
    Normally timezone information inside tvguide.xml is ignored; it is assumed that all programme times are local times.

If this option is ticked, the timezone information inside tvguide.xml will be used to convert programme times to local times. This allows you to use data that is intended for another timezone without any hassles. Daylight savings changes should be handled automatically.

Example:

You live in New Zealand (UTC+12).

You receive some channels from Australia via satellite.

The tvguide.xml for the Australian channels contains times like YYYYMMDDhhmmss + 1000 (Australia Eastern Standard Time).

Ticking this option will convert the programme data to New Zealand standard time.

The hours and minutes fields described below should be set to 0 and 0.

I'm getting my EPG in MP 1.21.0 using EPGCollector to collect New Zealand Freeview MHEG5 data
    Have you tried the built-in DVB EPG grabber? Owlsroost made changes to allow Freeview NZ's EIT to be decoded correctly in MP1.21 pre-release onwards.

Or maybe there is a way to import the online IPTV file directly, as in Kodi?
    You can set an online source in the remote tab of the XmlTv plugin, it's also detailed in the wiki.:)

Or maybe there is a plugin/extension I'm not aware of?
    EPG-Buddy can also handle XML EPG sources and import data into MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom