MP2 - V2.3.1 EPG view: incorrect displayed fonts (1 Viewer)

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 Version
    Before you create this bug report:
    1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
    2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
    3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
    4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
    Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
    Description:

Fonts in the Full- and Mini-EPG are displayed incorrect. Also in the news-view.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:

It happens sometimes, I don't know a way to reproduce it.
    I see this Bug for about one year now, but only about once in a month. First i thougt the cause would be an outdated driver of my graphics card, but after an upgrade the problem still exists.
    After restarting MediaPortal the text is displayed correctly.
    I also had this on BlueVision Skin on MePo 2.2.x

The graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GT 1030 with driver version 456.71 (via Windows Update) on Windows 10 2004 x64.

Zwischenablage02.jpg

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Zwischenablage03.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is known, but not reproducable unfortunately. It happens very seldom from time to time and is gone after a restart of the client.
    It is related to font rendering with FreeType library. Updating the library did not solve this issue yet, also not the recent change to SharpFont (based on FreeType as well).
    There is a new idea by @morpheus_xx to improve this in future, but I'm not sure about concrete details.

Corny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So maybe I've just overseen the bug in Jira.

But the bug isn't a big problem as it only happens very seldom and you can still use MediaPortal, so I think i can live with it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom