EPG Wishlist feature request (1 Viewer)

victor97

Portal Member
April 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi MP Developers,

Before starting to use MP I used MythTV in Linux. I like MP much more then MythtTV, just looks nicer and much easier to configure. But one feature of MythTV I realy miss in MP. What I miss is the following: an EPG Wishlist.

What are the key things Wishlist lets you do?

- Generate/grab a list of the hundreds of top movies you wish to see someday, and arrange for them to be recorded if they are ever on TV on some channel. Instead of browsing what movies are on in the next 2 weeks, just pick all your movies at once, and eventually they'll show up.
- Look for and record the pilot episodes of hundreds of the top TV series of all time, in case you missed them, or want to try them out.
- Grab a list of all the episodes of a TV show with rankings, and then record and watch only the best episodes, avoiding the turkeys. Do anything from all but the worst on good series to only the very top on occasionally good series.
- Record all of a series except for a list of exceptions -- episodes you have already seen, or known turkeys.
Record episodes of a series in order, even if they are not airing in order.
- Import lists generated by others -- critics, friends, other watchers even programs that amalgamate -- by fetching from a web URL. A critic you trust can make a recommendation in the morning that causes your recorder to automatically record the show that night.
- Generate recordings for "suggestions" (similar to Tivo) which match your tastes and prior recording choices.
Place wish results in a lower priority and autoexpire class so they only go into spare disk space, never interfering with more important recordings.

This was the functionality within MythTV. Is it possible to develop the same kind of feature in MP?
I hope so, because I realy miss this feature.

Best regards,
Victor

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some of these features are already available in the plugin 4therecord

My favourite films, nah, could never wait long enough for them to come out on TV :), thats why i have such a large collection of DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom