EPG woes (4 Viewers)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    109
    15
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, so I think I've gotten EPG123 to work, as a substitute for MC2Xml. May take a couple of days to know for sure. Making a daily EPG update automatic involved writing a simple batch file to move the file from EPG123's Output folder to MP2's XMLTV folder (both in Program Data) and renaming the file for uptake by the XMLTV plugin. And then making that batch program and scheduled task in Windows (a good .interval after the scheduled update of EPG123, which one sets in that program).
    None of the above is at all obvious if it's the kind of thing one almost never does.
    But so: If this works I'm going to forego experimenting with the MP Schedules Direct plugin, especially considering the possible hang-ups GCarr points to. But thanks much for pointing it out, and for all the info. N
     

    aCiDjEsUs

    New Member
    October 8, 2026
    2
    0
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey everyone,

    Since mc2xml have stopped working, I built a lightweight replacement tool to keep XMLTV guide data flowing smoothly for media servers.

    Everything you need—including downloads, setup instructions, and configuration guides—is ready to go on the website:

    https://epgtalk.com/builder/

    Give it a try and let me know if you run into any snags or have feedback
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom